front popping noise after suspension lift

glenn

hi all !happy new year! need help! had calmini 3" susp lift put on. a couple of weeks later i hear popping from front wheel well. had frnt end lowered some [uncranked t-bars ] and sound went away; then turned steering to max and sound came back; sound is related to speed; hear it about every 2 sec when going 1 mph; sound pops more rapidly as speed increases. any ideas ? need help PLEASE !

Possibly tweaked a CV joint prior to backing your T-bars back down ? :shrug: Might try a retorque on your various front suspension bolts, too. They're notorious for "popping" noises as you turn if they've loostened at all. You really should go through & check the torgue on them anyway after having work done, nothing says they got them all, or got them right. Might be tire rub on the stops, too... -thnkboutit-

Just a shot in the dark here, but I'd second the double-check on all the bolts, etc. of the front suspension to make sure, including those listed in the garage section as being notorious for the creaking in the front end. I'd also look over the front drive shafts for torn boots and tweaked parts, particularly if you've gone into 4wd lately, and for sure the mounting points for the new UCA's as well as the ball joints. I'm not too well versed on the latter, but 88 and some others are. My understanding is that you should use a pickle fork or possibly a prybar to check for looseness in these spots. Maybe somebody just forgot to properly lube some newly installed parts. :shrug: Just trying to give some common sense spots to check. ;)

the CV joints do not spin when the vehicle is in 2WD.

DUH ! I don't recall him saying in his post one way or the other as to whether or not he was in 2 or 4 wheel when this was happening ~ that's why I brought it up... sheesh ;)

Can I suggest a wheel bearing w/o getting jumped ? :hide: