Transmission & Transfer Case Weight

andreus009

Just over a metric sheit load IIRC. I've never used a jack mount adapter, but swore if I have to pull another tranny, I'm going straight to HF to buy a tranny jack. I rented a tranny jack last time which worked, but the cost of it for 2 days was more than 1/2 of the price to buy a cheap one.

B

Yeah, I know it's a heavy pain in the arse since I've done it twice before. Both times without transmission jack. Previously used two floor jacks and friend to get it in and out. Tcase makes it want to roll when it gets free.

B, I know what you mean about buying vs. renting but I don't really want to store another jack that'll only be used once in awhile. The "adapter" would be either to store. I may just do the rental thing, but that sucks unless get it out and in all in one day.

Yeah, I know it's a heavy pain in the arse since I've done it twice before. Both times without transmission jack. Previously used two floor jacks and friend to get it in and out. Tcase makes it want to roll when it gets free.

B, I know what you mean about buying vs. renting but I don't really want to store another jack that'll only be used once in awhile. The "adapter" would be either to store. I may just do the rental thing, but that sucks unless get it out and in all in one day.

I was working alone and needed to be careful. Yeah, funny, I was going to add that the transfer case will roll it a bit... :D

I hear you with the storage, it's not like you use one all the time, but I also add in the time it takes to drive, wait, rent it, drive, use it, drive, return it, and drive home which makes it unattractive. It's a tough call either way, but the jack adapters never seemed that solid and adequate to me. If you do rent it, reserve it, get the truck ready as far as you can the day before and pick it up when they open. That way you shouldn't have an issue getting it back the same day, even if you run into complications.

The luxury of owning the jack means if you have to wait for a part or something... :shrug:

Here is what Nissan gives us for the shipping weight for those parts:

MT: 132 LBS

AT: 187 LBS

TRANSFER: 124LBS

That is less than I expected for the tranny!

B