TCM location

aw12345

Hi all, I have a 89 Pathfinder buggy that uses part of the frame and engine and trans from a89 pathfinder. Several previous owners hacked up all the wiring and it did not run.

Since then I got the engine wiring repaired and it runs good. Now I am on the hunt for a TCM.

Been to several you pick you pulls found a spare ecm, but for the life of me cannot find where the TCM is located in the truck can anybody help me with this? I scrounged through atleast 5 Pathfinders and no dice.

This is my lil tinker project

steeringram011_zps301c0761.jpg

It's behind the driver rear quarter panel....just pull off the plastic panel and it's bolted to the side. Don't ask me why it's back there

Weight balance :lol:

Kidding of course but that's the correct location

Thanks guys, will head back to the junkyard tomorrow and see if I can snare me one. I have a rail shifter but from looking at the wiring diagrams, it needs a bit more than that to make it work properly. Kinda partial to Jeeps so this one might end up sporting a Jeep grille also lol

buggy004_zps2c7c708d.jpg

These are my other 4x4 put put Jeeps

DSCF8880.jpg

calico2-10001.jpg

• 1 month later...

So you're the one that ended out with this awesome rig! I thought this was gone... Saw the build pics but read it was sold or parted out or something. Don't put the jeep grill on it. I'm pretty sure the tube work in the front \ / was put there as a subtle indication that this is a Nissan.

nissan_titan-crew-cab_2010_photos_truck_

Edited by The_Magicians_Eye