OK..so here I am..clueless...ALMOST

Slick

:blink: OK. So my Thorleys are on order...DONE...check off list... Flowmaster blew my sanity when they told me they DO NOT make a cat-back system for my Pathy..so..ok..after market cat..Flowmaster Delta Flow 3 muffler..ok...BUT... where do I get the dang pipes inbetween? Does anyone make a kit (all the pipes but no need to buy the goodies inbetween)??? So..then.. I start looking at O2 sensors...and they range from $22 to $112!!!!!!!!! What the.... so.. I am going with the Superwinch manual front lockers...decided on that. I want the Calmini 3" suspension lift.. but the price..OW!

Ok. So..now it's down to plug wires, distributor and sensors..any suggestions on make? and suppliers? I want the best (if I don't have to donate any limbs to the cause) for my Pathy..she works (and plays) hard... also? besides water pump (decided onna Carter for this) and timing belt...what else needs to be done while I am doing the header install?

BTW..she's a 1992 4 door 5 speed Pathy XE :idea:

I have the blue MSD plug wires; they've worked pretty well for me. There's spendier alternatives like Magnecors and such... search around cuz I remember them being discussed around here somewhere. Don't know what to tell you about an aftermarket distributor or sensors (what kind?)...

Like Statikuz says, you should probably go with a "build-your-own" set of wires like MSD, Accel, etc. I know you can get a decent set of Accel wires (for a generic V8) at the local shops for around $35. If you go for a replacement OEM set, you're looking closer to $75. As for the exhaust, your local shop should be able to hook you up. Look for a smaller independent shop rather than a chain like Midas. I did this on my old Prelude cause nobody made a bolt on kit at the time (it was a 91 model). I supplied the muffler, and it was under $100 out the door for a full cat back, aluminized exhaust that sounded and worked sweet. $22 for an O2 sensor is crazy cheap if its new, as they're usually way more than that. I don't think you're gonna find an aftermarket supplier of a distributor, or at least if you do, they're gonna price it like its solid gold. Is that what you're trying to find, or do you just mean a "tune up kit" such as cap & rotor? If you're really itching for strong spark, you may want to look into a MSD or equiv coil. I've seen some on eBay for really cheap compared to new. Ok, back to beer. Happy holidays, and happy hunting.

:bow: thank youguys. As for the distributor cap and wires.. I just want to know which works best. Yes..I was amazed at the price difference in the O2 sensors..and I found all 5 of them on partsamerica.com! (Kragen) Wondering bout that.... I just wanted to know if anyone had certain plug wires that seemed more reliable/heavy duty/longer lasting than "stock" wires and equipment. Yes, I think I will have to find a hole in the wall shop for the pipes.. no luck online finding a kit without the "goodies'.... :(

HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!!!! -alcohol- (as she raises her Jack n Coke to all in NPORA)

Hey Slick ! I read somewhere here that Bosch makes an O2 sensor for the pathy for a "reasonable" price; I trust their quality. I have a magnaflow catback system that the PO had bought/installed for about $250. I'm not up on my exhuast systems, but the pathy will move if I stomp on it, and has a nice low muted growl :D Nice mods !!! Wanna borrow my pathy for a few months ??? LOL

Bernard

-bounce- Great info guys! Thanks! Yeah... the O2 sensor pirces were crazy. I think the sensor for $112 is more like it. Thanks on the Magnaflow.. the exhaust situation has been stressing me out, as I require a SPECIFIC sound (as close to my 92 S-10 as possible..low..deeeeeep rumble) as I know if I can't get a complete cat back system.. it will cost me another $100 or so bucks..which I don't have to blow. I will check out the MSD wire prices. I just have to be careful what I use, because I have SMOG laws in Cali :oops: . Also...are the stock pipes 2" and most members who did aftermarket exhausts are running 2 1/4" pipe? Will this affect my "smogability" at all? :beer:

:angry: OK. So... Flowmaster AND Magnaflow do NOT make cat back systems for my 92 Pathy. BUT! Good news..I think.. I just ordered from Summit (to go with my Thorley headers) a BORLA cat back system for $401! Shipping tomorrow! They had 1 in stock....now..the looooong wait for my Thorleys... :sniff: So..FYI on the cat back systems should anyone be shopping for one. Borla is the only reputable company I know of who do one...