Short Shifter

Iceman2989

Not really interested in decreasing the height of the shifter, simply decreasing the throw. Has anybody ever attempted this? Some searching online yeilded no results. My rig is definitely a daily driver that sometimes ventures off as a weekend warrior, so this is a mod for the highway portion of my driving.

I accomplished this. My stick is TALLER and my Throw is shorter.

here's how;

1) Make a spacer to go between the shifer plate and the transmission. Be mindful of how much room you have to go up. 1" and I could not get the foward bolt in because of the floor pan.

2) cut off the bottom of the shifter halfway between the ball and the white bushing

3) weld in a spacer that is the same height as the spacer in step one.

4) assemble with longer bolts

You now have a shorter throw because the lever on the bottom side of the sift plate is longer but the lever on the top side is still the same height and is taller because of your spacer.

I took aprox 3" off my throw using .75" spacers. I used aluminum for the shift plate but you could use a thick nylon cutting board or UHMW and not have to worry about sealant and gaskets.

Edited by MY1PATH
  • Like 1

Thanks for the link! That thread definitely didnt come up as a search result, or I prob would have just pm'd MY1PATH!

That's the best way to get me really, I don't come here very often anymore and the only emails I consitantly get are PM notifactaions.

Thread tracking is hit and miss with my stupid email.

You can also try my Email, I think I have it on there... Just remind me who you are if you do that.