Trottle Body/TPS solution for vg33er intake swap to WD21

MY1PATH

This is cool, I figured out how to run the ER throttle body with the vg30 pathfinder Throttle Position Sensor.*

The reason I cant run the ER TPS is because the ER TPS isn't compatible with the older electronics and the TB hole patterns don't match to swap the whole TB but I think the throttle shafts Happen to be the same length and diameter.

All I have to do is

1) remove the ER throttle shaft (tuns TPS with a roll pin cross shaft)

2) machine down the TPS boss so its flush with the bearing

3) tap the screw holes deeper for the TPS (these the were shaved down too)

4) Install the Older style vg30 throttle shaft (turns TPS with flat spot on the shaft)

5) Re-install 60mm throttle plate; the older 3.0 shaft has a slot for wide enough to accept the ER throttle plate because Nissan used the same shaft for both 54mm and 60mm TB's found on vg30 and ka24.

*the other method is to plug-weld the threaded holes on the supercharger intake and drill/tap new ones that match the 3.0 TPS.

Hopefully, I will remember to come back with pictures of each step after I am done!

What is the advantage of using the ER TPS, and the ER throttle body? I have been considering either swapping from the factory TBI set up, to either the 2 barrel car set up that Mr. 510 has done on the 510's. Or swapping to a MPFI intake and hardware? I have a complete spare motor with the MPFI intake on it, however I'm not sure of what other changes would have to be made to get this to work on my 89 with the stock TBI set up.

I know Kingman used a 300 ZX intake system, but he also had to re-wire every thing, and modify the fire wall to accomodate the intake plenum.

Have any ideas or feed back on this?

Thanks. :)

I think you misread me. You CANNOT USE THE ER TPS.

The purpose of this write up is to run a SUPERCHARGER using the stock 3.0 TPS

Seems I can't edit the OP :( otherwise I would change the 2nd line to read more like this
"The reason I cant run the ER TPS is because the ER TPS isn't compatible with the older electronics..."

Edited by MY1PATH

WTF I CANT EDIT ANYTHING AFTER A CERTAIN TIME?!?! I am not liking this. Anyway, back on topic.

Many cars switch to the pathy manifold, it is commonly considered to be the best VG manifold you can get.

Kingman used the 300zx intake because that's what he had when he bought a whole 300zx engine and ECU. I suggested he use a pathy manifold and not cut his firewall but that's the way he wanted to do it.
Then he modified his TBI harness to wire up his MPFI. I know right? how do 2 injectors become 6? The early 300zx was batch fire so 3 injectors would run of off each wire on the TBI harness.

Edited by MY1PATH

Unfortunately, yes.

Seems I can't edit the OP :( otherwise I would change the 2nd line to read more like this

"The reason I cant run the ER TPS is because the ER TPS isn't compatible with the older electronics..."

I edited that for you.

WTF I CANT EDIT ANYTHING AFTER A CERTAIN TIME?!?! I am not liking this. Anyway, back on topic.

Yes this is true for now.

How am I supposed to ad photo's to the OP If I cannot edit?

Let a Staff member know. Either post like you did above what is to be added, replaced, deleted, etc, or send a PM with all the info. We had to do this to reduce abuse, friction, and accuracy. Few bad apples, blah, blah blah...

B