automatic hub bolts STUCK!

amfq120

Replaced the upper ball joints on my 94 pathfinder, very easy. The lower ball joints though can't be taken out without the cv joint be moved out of the way, which requires the hub to be separated from the cv joint. I cannot get the allen wrench bolts loose for the life of me. All of them too. Any advice? I'm going to try to warm up the hub and then try to loosen it tomorrow. I dont' want to cut or grind them off because I don't want to spend more money on the IFS BS.

I used a hammer to tap the auto hub bolts loose on my 94 (probably not the best method.... now that i think of it) only problem i had was when i installed my manual hubs i was unware the hub bolts were different! :O so i snapped two allen bolts off... something about how they seat. ha.

I would use an allen head socket on a hammer impact driver. The kind you hit with a hammer like this. http://www.ehow.com/how_4809810_use-hand-impact-driver.html

James

Yup, we used allen socket with breaker bar then impact driver...we had to drill 3 of them....it sucked. when replacing, use the anti seize.