01 Pathy Rear Wiper Problem

01PathySE

Cant help you - but if someone can help - my 99.5 has gone wack.

it has decided the off position is all the way across the window. or in the middle... really anywhere... i have to turn the wiper on & off a few times to get ot to go home.

DONT YOU LIKE YOUR HOME (happy Gilmore)

Also - hows your blade on the back? I cant seem to find one that sits nice and actually cleans the window.

i have a 2000, and it does the same thing. sometimes i have to turn it on and off about ten times to get it to normal. a mechanic i know said that it might be the control box, in the left rear fender, but i'm not willing to fork out the money on a guess. i just don't use it anymore.

i'f someone knows anything, let me in on it.

• 3 years later...

I will resurrect this thread from the dead!

I have a 2000 and have the same problem with having to turn it on and off. And now, the darn thing decides to turn on all by itself when I start the truck up. Any ideas?

Also, I need a new blade, I cam across This Place. Anyone have any experience with them?

Edited by BigBikeMike

Probably is the control box, I have had 2 Hondas that have similar problems!

The wiper itself...I struggled through 3 blades..the third is PERFECT ! It is just an Anco cheap replacement blade/frame at Advance Auto...I know that the Bosch Hindsight was a failure and the "OEM Exact Replacement" didn't get it either. I just backed my truck in to the paring spot and swapped them one at a time with a manager there, who really just wanted me to go away lol!

He was, at the end, very surprised at the struggle and said that he would try to remember this in the future for other customers complaining about the Bosch...meh probably only a problem on the Pathy?!

Probably is the control box, I have had 2 Hondas that have similar problems!

The wiper itself...I struggled through 3 blades..the third is PERFECT ! It is just an Anco cheap replacement blade/frame at Advance Auto...I know that the Bosch Hindsight was a failure and the "OEM Exact Replacement" didn't get it either. I just backed my truck in to the paring spot and swapped them one at a time with a manager there, who really just wanted me to go away lol!

He was, at the end, very surprised at the struggle and said that he would try to remember this in the future for other customers complaining about the Bosch...meh probably only a problem on the Pathy?!

The hindsight worked wonders on my 99 ML320, my moms 04 Pilot, my sisters 06 CR-V, and my dads 03 Excursion...the one I bought the pathy with is a cheap frame one and its done the job well for over a year...if it hasnt been used in a while it will streak but after 15-20 times across it gives an even clean again...

do you know what size it was by any chance? I need to replace all my wipers, I may be going skiing this weekend and it will be snowing :D (They also won't pass inspection, but skiing is more fun to think about!)

Can the control box be fixed, or it is a straight replacement? It is a pretty easy one to do?