Nissan pathfinder 94 VG30E engine alternatives

lnuxxunl

x3 the 3.3 would be a good option for you (if available there that is of course) which can be sourced from a r50 (the rounder- unibody Pathfinder) and I believe Xterra's though I don't know how mount setups and whatnot are on that particular donor (in this thread http://www.nissanpathfinders.net/forum/topic/29493-vg33-swap/page__hl__vg33 the member by the name "thehuntersam" talks of using some Xterra stuff on his swap, so at least some of it is an option) I remember an Aussie that used a Buick 3.8 Cyril to be exact, here is his build thread http://www.nissanpathfinders.net/forum/topic/21068-cyrils-92-current-project/page__hl__3800#entry367347 ) So if you are skilled enough you can venture down different avenues as well :aok:

and welcome to NPORA :beer:

• Like 1

See if you can find a 3.3 liter out of a r50 pathfinder/terrano or even a Nissan pickup(Navara there?). There are other threads here that go into extra detail. Just do a little searching

^What he said is absolutely your best bet. It should bolt right in and you can use most all the equipment from the VG30 as well. I hope you can find one!

B

x3 the 3.3 would be a good option for you (if available there that is of course) which can be sourced from a r50 (the rounder- unibody Pathfinder) and I believe Xterra's though I don't know how mount setups and whatnot are on that particular donor (in this thread http://www.nissanpat.../page__hl__vg33 the member by the name "thehuntersam" talks of using some Xterra stuff on his swap, so at least some of it is an option) I remember an Aussie that used a Buick 3.8 Cyril to be exact, here is his build thread http://www.nissanpat...800#entry367347 ) So if you are skilled enough you can venture down different avenues as well :aok:

and welcome to NPORA :beer:

Thank you guys I really appreciate your help :happy:

Does the Navara & Terrano engine fit to my car front axle ?

I Feel Confused because this my first time to replace a whole engine

I need more information on how to easly swap this engine & what is the best choice

Your engine is the VG30E as you know. The engine you should try to find out of the Navara and Terrano is the VG33E, an almost identical big brother. It bolts to the transmission the same so no issues there, the only thing is the mounts for the alternator and/or air conditioning are different and there is a difference with the crank pully as well. Otherwise it is virtually plug and play. Take all the components off of the VG30 and out them on the VG33. It is a fairly common upgrade here in the US. For a little extra power, put the cams from the VG30 into the VG33. I'm sure you could do all this with a little help. There are several threads on the swap, I'll try to provide a link later...

B

• Like 1

Give this thread a readthrough. He went a little over the top with it (ported heads and bored to 3.4l), but it should give you an idea of what else is involved.

If you can't find a VG33, you might see if you can find a TD27. It's a diesel engine that Nissan put into Terranos and Navaras. It would be a much more challenging swap of course (it probably would require a different transmission), but as they were factory equipment, parts should still be available. (Maybe not in Iraq, though.)

Edited by Slartibartfast

Your engine is the VG30E as you know. The engine you should try to find out of the Navara and Terrano is the VG33E, an almost identical big brother. It bolts to the transmission the same so no issues there, the only thing is the mounts for the alternator and/or air conditioning are different and there is a difference with the crank pully as well. Otherwise it is virtually plug and play. Take all the components off of the VG30 and out them on the VG33. It is a fairly common upgrade here in the US. For a little extra power, put the cams from the VG30 into the VG33. I'm sure you could do all this with a little help. There are several threads on the swap, I'll try to provide a link later...

B

Thank you all guys specially to 'Precise1' U R the best! :happy:

But Navara pickup is not 4x4, isn't it? :excl:

I think my VG30E cams damaged so can I keep the VG33 cams without replace?

Edited by lnuxxunl

Underbody as in the frame? The pickup (Hardbody or Navara or whatever it's called where you are, and yes some are 4x4) frame is similar, but the rear suspension is different (and of course the body mounts will be in the wrong places). IIRC it's the same situation with the first-gen Xterra. Check out the frame rust repair thread, you can do a lot to save the old frame.

And yeah, you can totally leave the VG33 cams in. VG30 cams apparently give you a bit more power, but the engine will run just fine with the cams that're in it. :)

• Like 1

The KA24 has the same mounting bolt pattern for the tranny and engine mounts?

Besides, by sticking with the VG he can keep all the same systems and controls.

Thank you all guys specially to 'Precise1' U R the best! :happy:

But Navara pickup is not 4x4, isn't it? :excl:

I think my VG30E cams damaged so can I keep the VG33 cams without replace?

Not really, but thanks. You are welcome!

4x4 might not matter, not all the pathfinders were 4x4 but all had the same motor and tranny. As long as it is a VG30 or VG33, you should be golden.

No, you don't have to change the cams, it is just considered a mild upgrade from what I understand. Maybe something to consider for the future.

B

Hii Guys

Finally I found VG33 Engine but my friend working as mechanics suggest me

to swap my engine with v6 3000 Nissan cedric model 2001

as he said it's identical and fit.

your opinions important to me as I trust your knowledge

Thank you in advanced

Edited by lnuxxunl

Sounds like the Cedric engine is a VG30. It would drop right in (once you put your old intake/accessories on it). But for just a little more work you could have a little more displacement with the VG33. I usually figure, if you're putting that much time in, don't just fix it, make it better. :) But either way would leave you with a functioning truck, assuming both engine swap candidates are in good shape. And if you're having a mechanic do the work, sticking with the VG30 would probably be cheaper.

I think Cedric engine is VQ30DD not VG30 so what you think?

Engines the Gloria/Cedric did receive included the 3,000cc V6 turbo VQ30DET with 208kW (280hp)

300LV and 300AX3,000cc non turbo VQ30DD models.

I don't know these models but from a moment of research, it seems that it would be one of these, both VQ models. Maybe they do bolt up the same but the other equipment won't so which engine management system are you going to run? I have to agree with Blackspawn and recommend sticking with the VG33. It is 100hp less but still a great motor and will be fairly easy to swap in.

B

• 2 weeks later...
The VQ and VG are actually directly interchangeable. You might run into some fun with wiring for the computer though.

the VQ wont fit in the engine bay....its DOHC. lots of cutting. VQ is distributerless, VG has one. Right there you've got yourself two major issues.

• Like 1

Basically any vg block will work...i had an altima in mine for a short time....change over oil pan, dipstick tube, mtg brkts and intake and u should be good to go...some folks have had issues with the crank snout and water pump...i ran a 2wd hardbody water pump instead of changing out the timing cover and it had to.have the longer neck on it which the 2wd hb had