Due to a hardware failure on the hosts systems, all posts and messages created between May 26th and Jan 13th have been lost. Additionally, if you joined the NPORA Forums community during that time, you'll need to re-register. -NPORA Mod Team *Updated: 05/19/2022 12:15AM PST

TD27

deanslost

Hi guys,

I'm contemplating replacing my very tired Z24 with a TD27. I possibly have a rusted out pathfinder lined up that is complete with the diesel motor. I don't know the condition of the diesel but being a nissan diesel it probably still has perfect compression etc. I have been doing some searching on the net and have noticed how cheap a Nissan TD27 forklift engine rebuild kit is. Does anyone know if there is any mechanical difference between a forklift TD27 and a Pathfinder TD27.

Thanks

Dean

Wikipedia says that the TD27 was put in Terranos/Navaras/FGD02A32Q forklift, but goes into no further detail. I would suspect that the major internals are the same between them, but wouldn't be surprised if the intake/bracketry/etc was different. But I've never even seen a Nissan diesel, much less torn into one.

We don't have a lot of TD owners on here, but maybe one of them will have a better idea of what's involved.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not sure of the differences either, but they did use the TD27 in heaps of different applications. I'd hazard a guess that it's only little stuff...intake manifold , exhaust etc...

FWIW my old td27t has done about 350000 k's, has only been apart to change a bent rod ( Don't ask... I just threw in a s/h one with the original bearings and piston /rings etc) and still goes real well. Doesn't use oil (never have to top it up between changes) and it gets a hiding.

If you do do it, chuck a turbo at it....they are a little slow n/a.

• 1 month later...

Its very easy to get a diesel running on a pallet to test it before installing it. 4or 5 wires and a fuel supply. Use an old bellhousing to mount the starter.

You're very right, being a nissan diesel its unlikely to have anything wrong with it- providing its been stored under cover, no waters got in and started rusting bores etc

• 2 years later...

Just found this old post on a google search for TD27. FWIW. In my newly aquired 1994 D21 pathfinder I have a TD27t. It has done 203000 km. Just got back from a 3600 km return trip Adelaide to Alice Springs. It didn't use a drop of oil. Very impressed with it.It just ate up the KM. Was 38* on way back had the A/C on and the temp didn't move. A really low stress diesel. .

• Like 2

• 6 years later...