lighting, safety, help please

banx

Hey guys, so I've been having issues with the headlights on my 91 wd21.

the passenger light won't come on and the bulb is fine. I've cleaned the switch which worked for 2 weeks, made a new ground shorter to the light, which also worked for a couple of weeks,..... I ordered a new harness to connect to the battery as well as a new switch.

But i'm faced with a bit of a predicament. My harness and new switch have not arrived and I'm leaving on a mini 3 day trip with the wife for some quality time. part of the trip includes a 3.5 hour highway drive along vancouver island towards tofino. I leave this friday morning.

so, i'm not really concerned about driving with one headlight, I just don't really want to get a ticket while i'm waiting for my parts to arrive

the wires on these lights look inadequate to me. I was 'planning' on just jumping the 2 lights together basically. have the one light power the other. I have low energy bulbs as well.

my main concern is that these skinny wires won't be able to handle the load and I could catch on fire. so would it be safe to have one set of wires run both lights?

i'm fairly hesitant to do this. trust you guys more than websites.... so some advice or enlightenment would be appreciated..... safety first, which is why i am asking here

thanks as always guys.

ok, I will connect em tomorrow morning before we get on the ferry then disconnect the one when i get back on sunday.

i'm bringing a fire extinguisher, extra wires and fuses too.

Aren't the 2 headlights fed from one side already stock? I thought the wiring ran to the drivers side than across to the pass side?? If the proper gauge wire is used I don't see a problem running both headlights off the wiring from the drivers side.