Home Made Lambo Door's

NWT87PATHY

Not my flavor (at one time it was, besides Lamborghini style doors, even they have normal hinges now I think :lol: )

Easiest way I always found to keep clean body lines on HB doors was to have a rotted donor door you can cut "filler panels" from and weld in compared to making them. (Joys if usually having plenty of extra panels and the inability to throw stuff away)

for sure! but i just gotta do the lambos! the shaved handle's are gonna be a easy one, Im gonna take the passenger side lock solenoid from my donor door and fashion it up to the door latch on driver's side and since everything on the passenger is their i just need to do the fancy coat hanger bending. Then when I get all that done i hook it up to a command start and the FOB opens the doors spring loaded style.

I dunno, it doesn't make sense to me. The hardbody in the vid looks kind of cheap with how the doors move... they open a little bit normally, then tilt up? Seems like if you're gonna do it, it should be one smooth motion. Otherwise you'd get some idiot like me trying to open the door, and when it only opens three inches, reefing on it and screwing up the hinge assembly. (And it just looks sketch.)

Also, with the shaving/fobbing, what do you do if you leave the lights on and kill the battery? You can't jump it without getting inside to pop the hood. Do you crawl in through the rear window, or is it on the fob too? Or maybe the battery in the fob craps out after a few weeks of showing off your new doors. Either way you're standing in the parking lot waiting for the locksmith (or deciding which window to break).

Having the doors swing up might be nice in tight parking spaces, but other than that, I'm not feeling it. It's not my truck though. :lol:

Edited by Slartibartfast

You generally hide secondary buttons for the doors invade of fob failure and a set of hidden terminals behind a bumper or something of the sorts for loss of power situations (neither a hard task)

You can buy a kit for a hidden popper. When I had the doors shaved on my Hardbody, I made my own and had a hidden wire running from inside the door to the front inner fender well all the way to the headlight bucket. I stupidly closed my doors once with it running (I learned real quick!) and the wire worked perfectly.

Totaly agreed lambo doors are kind of hoaky. The apprent reason the door has to swing out is so it will clear the cab.. It seems to me you pull it past the fulcrum and the struts take over lifting up. It's allmost impssible to rotate a square inside a square! The fail safe for the shaved door's is the hatch. I will disable the lock so i can not lock myself out! No real security issues were im at ( key is in the ignition 99.9% of the time) lol. The ultrastart comand start i use supports upto 3 FOB's so if i loose one i allways got a spare!

• 1 month later...

I thought about doing that but i liked it down low ha. I ended up installing a 3 port cig lighter in the glove box so i never use that one anymore. Also hooked up a reverse cam.

IMG_20111112_150633.jpg2012-02-22_17-16-16_426.jpg

2012-02-22_17-17-29_683.jpg

Edited by edicer2

Underglow is totally worth it :aok: I've got blue in my footwells, as well as around the exterior underneath. If you do want to do it, go for the 5 Meter long, 500 led lights on ebay. $15, and enough to light up anything you feel like. My buddy figured out a way to make them fade to the bass of his sub. Pretty slick if you ask me, but then again, I did live in Tokyo a few years and I think it rubbed off on me ;)

I just wired it to the back of my cig lighter, and have a toggle switch right under the radio.

Edited by Iceman2989

• 2 weeks later...