Mystery wires behind my grill

stabworthy

I have always wondered why i have this switch and it lights up when my headlights are on, but I have no aux lights

IMAG0297.jpg

Then today I ran across this , while repairng a broken headlight back.

IMAG0296.jpg

I have tested them , for lack of meter. Could they be related ?

the wires going in are:

white with black stripe and yellow to one.

red and yellow to the other.

Edited by stabworthy

Those do not look like the plugs for the fog lights, the ones I removed from my 94 looked like this:

qqxwux.jpg

2 wires green and black

Per the FSM there should be a plug near the center radiator support for the ambient air sensor, and the FSM shows the 2 wires as a red and one yellow see below:

33jmexh.jpg

the only other plug I see in the FSM in the same general area is the plug for the low pressure switch which should be connected unless you do not have AC.

Actually the FSM shows 2 plugs in the same area of the ambient air sensor, plug numbers 33 & 100 but they both say they are the ambient air sensor one says for the VG30

Edited by ahardb0dy

Was going to edit my post but since you replied, check behind the bumper on each side, check in the openings next to the turn signals in the bumper, look for a fuse and relay near the battery. All the wiring under the hood could have been removed but the wiring for the switch is still in place, obviously as the switch lights up.

You have AC but do you have the manual type controls or the automatic push button type?

Edited by ahardb0dy

Was going to edit my post but since you replied, check behind the bumper on each side, check in the openings next to the turn signals in the bumper, look for a fuse and relay near the battery.

My fog light relay is actually on the firewall. Fuse is behind the battery.

As already mentioned, the switch is for your fog lights. Fog lights only turn on when the low beam headlights are on which is why the light on the switch is on in this condition. If you turn on your high beams, the light on the switch will turn off.

Was going to edit my post but since you replied, check behind the bumper on each side, check in the openings next to the turn signals in the bumper, look for a fuse and relay near the battery. All the wiring under the hood could have been removed but the wiring for the switch is still in place, obviously as the switch lights up.

You have AC but do you have the manual type controls or the automatic push button type?

FOUND IT ! but both are on the passenger side. sounds right?

no, the sweet levers and the button. so, no air senor. good, less things short out.

both those plugs you have pictures are for the automatic climate control equipped trucks. Nissan didn't make custom wiring harnesses for different vehicles. they all got the same harness and options were plugged in as requested.

you SHOULD have foglights set in to your bumper inside of the turn signals, they may have been removed. as for the plugs both being on the passenger side, that's okay as that's where the harness feeds down from. the relay should be on the firewall near the wiper motor.