Transmisson Compatibilty?

Perris

My transmission is getting tired after 275,000 miles. It grinds going into 3rd and 4th. Also it falls out third when I let off the throttle. In addition it falls out of 1st sometimes when starting from a complete stop. First choice is to get it rebuilt (bearings and syncros). Second choice is to get a used transmission out of a junk. My question is: Will 86-95 transmission bolt straight in to my 88 pathfinder? Also will a trans out of a V6 hard body work? Also, is a later model transmission more desirable because they hold more fluid?

96-99 vg33 pathy trans will work too. as will the hardbodys tranny. has to be 4wd though. if you go 96-99 pathy you get a higher fill plug which eliminates the TSB that is on the 1987-1995 tranny. :)

Thats probably correct, the VG30E was not OBDII ready, so 96-97 was a 4 cylinder festival for Hardbody trucks here in the US.

He said miles, I assumed he was in the US.

Edited by Trogdor636

• 5 weeks later...

Ha! Search brought me to trans compatiblity. I came accross a 03 pathy rightoff for 500. Thing is mint minus the front bumper rad support and headlights. Want the interior and heart beat for my 2door. Then its Ztune time!

Edited by NWT87PATHY

Sorry for the thread jacking .. Has anyone one hurd of a adaptor plate of sorts to get my trans on the back of a VQ block? Possibly just a bellhouse swap to my gear box? I do have a Bl so if i end up using engine and trans i have the clearance to get it under my truck. But all bs aside if my gearbox is good enough for a TT VG30 then it should be the best choice for any HD application.. Right ?

Edited by NWT87PATHY