Radiator Expansion Tank Relocation?

Blevinger

Hey A check out tactical armour group on google. They make a winch bumper for less that 700. I'm saving for one right now that's only gonna cost me about 540 and I would buy the winch separate later down the road. Just an option !!

• Like 1

I've checked out their site before. I guess they used to be Kennesaw Mountain Accessories & they got a lot of bad reviews. As TAG they have mixed reviews, some people say they had to do a lot of modding to get their bumper to fit, others say they never had a problem. I'm still in 2 minds whether to go for it or not. :shrug:

Looks pretty good! I'm after a winch bumper but I don't want to fork out $1500. Wish I had a welder, etc, I'd be fabbing the shee-ite out of everything!! :laugh:

I've just got a cheap Eastwood 110v MIG welder. That with a bottle, cart, gloves and a helmet was all of ~$600.

One of the 4x4 magazines said Eastwood had the best welder under $300 (a few years ago). I've used some big, nice ones before, and this sucker will do anything I need it to. Good products.

• Like 1

I've checked out their site before. I guess they used to be Kennesaw Mountain Accessories & they got a lot of bad reviews. As TAG they have mixed reviews, some people say they had to do a lot of modding to get their bumper to fit, others say they never had a problem. I'm still in 2 minds whether to go for it or not. :shrug:

Jamesrich has one, though its on a WD21. Maybe hit him up.

• Like 1

I've just got a cheap Eastwood 110v MIG welder. That with a bottle, cart, gloves and a helmet was all of ~$600.

One of the 4x4 magazines said Eastwood had the best welder under $300 (a few years ago). I've used some big, nice ones before, and this sucker will do anything I need it to. Good products.

Thanks for the info, sounds like a good deal, I'll see if I can scrounge up some coin.

Jamesrich has one, though its on a WD21. Maybe hit him up.

I'd like to get his thoughts, I'll pm him. Thanks.

• 10 months later...

I used an old ammo crate to relocate both my coolant recovery tank and wiper fluid tank to beside the battery. I partitioned the ammo crate into two sections so that it holds about 60% coolant and 40% wiper fluid. I think it holds about 1.5 qts coolant and 1 qt wiper fluid so I have to fill up the wiper fluid more often but still probably only once or twice a year. Here are some pics of the setup:

20140612_100507_zpsa912051a.jpg

20140612_100524_zps157e1196.jpg

and two of progress so far on the bumper!

20140530_093811_zps746d865a.jpg

20140530_093840_zpsfb086d5d.jpg