Are the loops at the front of my R50 recovery rated?

bushnut

so the manuel tells me to use the right hand side loop for stuck vehicle recovery...looks just like the left one to me. should I replace them or can i use them together with an equalizer strap? I've got a single point shackle for the trailer hitch receiver that should work fine.

Well, I just went out and looked at the ones I have pulled off of our 1999.0 and they are identical, just mirror images of each other and both held on with 3 bolts. Functionally, I can't see any reason you can't use either, but maybe something to do with attachment point and line of sight? :shrug:

I seem to remember something like this with the WD21s also (it only came with one front tow hook) and many people source a second to put on the other side for the versatility.

As they are, they should work for mild recovery effort, but they aren't very stout. A simple fix would be to have a second plate welded in that has the same loop in it that is just as wide as the bends on the sides and that would hold up to a lot.

B

They are fine for basic recovery such as pulling it onto the back of a flatbed towtruck or another truck pulling/assiting to get yours out of being stuck in the mud, anything hard core I would definately upgrade the hooks.