Hi from the UK

Stinka

Based in staffordshire in the midlands

Driving a '02 terrano r20 which has same chassis and suspension setup as the wd21 pathy/terrano

some pics of my ride:

521486_10150967884930645_274253867_n.jpg

6d5c8a00.jpg

NEED SUSPENSION LIFT NEXT !!

Cheers lads, its a td27 engine

It has the bosch injection

Its had a total nightmare of running problems over the last 3 months

It was missing and smoking on start up, so i replaced the glow plugs, 2 of which were dead, then it started smoking again and was undrivable, so i put a new maf sensor in and then it was much better. after that the black smoke started again, randomly, and I blanked the egr valve on the inlet manifold side, which sorted it. Finaly it started going into limp mode after it warmed up, traced that to a split intercooler, where the tubes join the end tank, which was expanding once hot and the sensitive ecu just put it in limp mode. Intercooler comes tommorow from ebay, so fingers crossed its fixed as its been doing my nut in.

Then hopefully gonna get some JGC rear springs and crank those torsions, also some gas magnum ford bronco front shocks, and a mate from another uk forum has some Extended RC rear shocks, so getting some from him

Its getting there anyway :)

Also, the side steps are crap, they are mounted on 3mm angle steel section, bent them on the first outing, keep bending them straight, but they are wrecked now :D

Will build a proper slider type thing from 50x503mm box section and remount them on the side of that

16bd5d56.jpg

:welcome:

Welcome to the forum.

Nice to see there's still some places to off road back in Old Jolly. I used to live in Surrey up until 1990 & there weren't that many places for 4x4's. Even dirt bike venues were getting scarce!

Anyway mate, nice rig & good luck with the problems, hope you get 'em sorted right sharpish so that we get more pics! :lmao:

morning ........im a fellow brummy............but since moved to oz......... . where do you go 4x4 ing ??

Hi mate, I go up the peaks, derbishire way, ashborne, buxton etc, some good lanes up there. will do some pay and play soon when i fix the bastard thing :D got the inlet manifold off now, its never ending

Welcome to the forum.

Nice to see there's still some places to off road back in Old Jolly. I used to live in Surrey up until 1990 & there weren't that many places for 4x4's. Even dirt bike venues were getting scarce!

Anyway mate, nice rig & good luck with the problems, hope you get 'em sorted right sharpish so that we get more pics! :lmao:

I'd give one aff my balls to live in california, you lucky lucky man :)

• Like 1

Nope, the price is both balls, a foot and your right hand too live in california.

Welcome too the forum.

True it is expensive to live in CA but I'm sure our new mate would agree with me when I say it's still better than living in England (in some ways). $8-9 equivalent a gallon for gas, 17.5% sales tax (unless they put it up again), 62 million people crammed into somewhere the size of California (& we think our traffic is bad!), rain for 350 days of the year, etc. :laugh: I'm glad I grew up in England (I left when I was 30) & I miss the TV & the health care, but I'm still very lucky to be living in California. :itsallgood::aok:

True it is expensive to live in CA but I'm sure our new mate would agree with me when I say it's still better than living in England (in some ways). $8-9 equivalent a gallon for gas, 17.5% sales tax (unless they put it up again), 62 million people crammed into somewhere the size of California (& we think our traffic is bad!), rain for 350 days of the year, etc. :laugh: I'm glad I grew up in England (I left when I was 30) & I miss the TV & the health care, but I'm still very lucky to be living in California. :itsallgood::aok:

Its currently £1.35 per litre for petrol, vat is 20%, we've had about 1 week where it hasn't rained and the immigration has wrecked every city and now towns and smaller towns are full of non white people who's first language isn't English, majority muslim.

Now I'm not racist in the slightest, but what ever was the British way of life is erroded completely and my kids haven't got a clue about English tradition, in fact its almost the unspeakable in schools here, teachers are told to teach liberal multiculteralistic views, where the kids embrace other cultures and traditions. I'm all for a tolerant secular society, but when Englishness is a dirty word, I struggle to see why we have adopted this strange agenda and who is behind it.

END OF RANT :D

Edited by Stinka
  • Like 1

I think I lived in England at a great time (1960-1990). The 80's were my best decade, although the 70's come close. I had great mates, lived in a nice, small town in picturesque Surrey, had wonderful parents & a lot of fun at school. All my mates still living in England say much the same as Stinka. It's really sad because the UK is a great place. We think we have immigration problems, etc, here in the US but I believe things are really going to the dogs over in England. My brother lives in Folkestone & he said all the crime (drugs, prostitution, robbery, etc) is out of control. The Russian mob are into everything & the Somali, etc, immigrants/asylum seekers trash up everything, they even ate all the ducks & swans from the town pond!! :ohno01:

Nice to see a Terrano II in this forum, good luck solving those "issues".

Not good reading this, here in Portugal things are not that bad with immigrats but getting there.

Then again, who wold want to come to Portugal? even us, once again, are going to other countries when given a small chance. :(

Edited by teixeira

I'd come to portugal in the drop of a hat. You have a great climate, you could live in a subsistance manner and have a great life compared to us. I know many people that are close to having to rely on subsistance farming as a means to an end. just wait until our government can't pay the social security :D

Yes our climate is ok, much better in the south, warmer.

I don't know why you say that we can have a subsistance manner and have a better life, comparing to you we have much lower salaries and pretty much everything is expensier.

Farming is not really that great to depend on, in fact it's quite hard and doesn't pay off, many arrived here with that idea and went the same way (if not worst), of course there are cases of sucess but there's a long history behind.

Even English people that came to Algarve (south) to enjoy their retirement are starting to leave with the increase of thing here.

Things here are getting difficult. :togo: