words of advice

csutke

So I finally got my new to me se home yesterday. Proceed to change the plugs, cap, rotor, but when it came to change the wires the box I received had two different brands, and didn't have the number 1 or 6 plug in the box. But there was two 2s and two 4s. Great. No I have to go back napa exchange them, and hope they have another set in stock.

So even though I opened the box before I left I didn't make.sure that they were all the dame brand. I counted six wires and thought I was good. So for those out there check everything in the box and make sure its all correct.

As a PSM at "another parts store" part time... I can vouch...

This crap happens all the time.

Usually some lazy jackwagon who doesn't want to do his/her job returns something as undamaged and does not even check the box... Some sly customer slipped out the part he or she needed then left the old junker in its place...

Sigh.

People suck.

As a PSM at "another parts store" part time... I can vouch...

This crap happens all the time.

Usually some lazy jackwagon who doesn't want to do his/her job returns something as undamaged and does not even check the box... Some sly customer slipped out the part he or she needed then left the old junker in its place...

Sigh.

People suck.

That's what I figured happened. Someone bought it and then returned it minus the two correct wires. Kinda weird as how it was all "there" just different brands.

And then to top it off when I went to exchange them today, they didn't have any on the shelf. So I had them special order another set. Be here tomorrow morning. So my pathy that I've waited almost two weeks for is sitting in my driveway. I know I could have reused the old wires for a day but as you all know #6 is a PITA to get to. I'll wait another day so I don't have to mess with it more than I have to. And I paid for NGK wires I want NGK wires not some brand that I have never heard of even though they were supposed to he the top of the line normally.

Edited by csutke

I don't blame you. You didn't get what you paid for, and it is that simple. Return and special order away, just remember that odds are the guy trying to get it straightened out isn't the one who made the mistake. Be gentle on the public service guys and everyone wins... ;)

For plug wires, I recommend STI. German design, made in the US and I've never had any problems.

http://www.karlynsti.com/Folders/Karlyn_STI_Ignition_Wire_Sets.htm

B

Never heard of STI before. :shrug:

Yazaki makes the OEM wires for Nissan.

NGK wires are pretty good, especially the 8mm ones.

MSD ignition makes some pretty decent wires.

Bosch makes great replacement wires too.

All a matter of preference. I do suggest staying away from el cheapo wires because they just don't last long.

• Like 1

I am running lifetime warranty Durlast wires on my old Pathfinder. Done great so far, considering its not a top brand name...

I ran some crazy 10MM wires on my Turbo'd civic back in the day, but it had one heck of a fire control system... it wast exactly necessary to have such massive wires....just cool looking I guess....

Edited by tmoore4512

This coming from the guy with the name ferrariowner!!! Hahaha

Yea, I guess that's right although it was probably the most efficient car I've ever owned. After turbo and tuning, I was averaging 42 mpg.