So my dad went to a Porshe dealer...

... and brought back an 03 R50. :)

P1010006-19.jpg

It's pretty clean, apart from the moss in the seams (Seattle car). The thing that has us wondering, though, is the engine bay.

P1010001-19.jpg

P1010004-19.jpg

Everything inside is primer grey, and the panels were clearly painted with the hood shut. Is this stock?

• Like 1

Wow, very clean. Same color combo as my Pathfinder. +1 on the stock primer grey in the engine bay, mine is like that.

That brake fluid looks nasty dark, change it out. Matter of fact, change every fluid and filter out and grease the driveshafts thoroughly. Get it inspected for the strut housing corrosion recall if it hasn't been yet.

Thanks! I didn't know Nissan was downing in the 00s.

How are you seeing the brake fluid? Enhance, McGee! (But yeah, he's planning to do all the fluids etc, and made sure to find a non-rust state car.)

Anything else to look out for? Power valve screws?

Edited by Slartibartfast

Didn't know Porsche made the pathfinder as well!

You gonna get him to lift it, toss some 35's on there and armor it up? (You can tell ive been spending alot of time on ih8mud ;) )

How are you seeing the brake fluid? Enhance, McGee! (But yeah, he's planning to do all the fluids etc, and made sure to find a non-rust state car.)

2nd pic with the hood up I assume he could see the master cylinder resivor (since I can) and it looks a bit on the dark side

Wow... you guys are sharp. I totally didn't see that.

And yeah, he's not much for wheeling... PO was, though, judging by the amount of mud that came out of the wheel wells!

Edited by Slartibartfast

Thanks! I didn't know Nissan was downing in the 00s.

Nissan was done but the new CEO saved them by cost cutting.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carlos_Ghosn

Up next, Daimler's acquisition of Nissan...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daimler_Chrysler#Renault-Nissan_and_Daimler_Alliance

That's pretty much it. Nissan has sunk to rock bottom.

Damn!! You are so insider informed, I'm surprised Obama hasn't added you as an advisor!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111!!!

That's a good looking pathy, and clean as hell. I hope he enjoy's it and if not, send it down here, I have plans for it... :D

B

Screw that.

I mean Nissan has gone from building amazing cars to mundane beige boxes because of that guy. Maybe one of these days they will make nice cars again. The GT-R was a good start. If Daimler ever takes over though it's pretty much over for their reputation.

Honda and Toyota are going the same direction. They are all becoming indistinguishable common "boxes" (using your words .. I like!) in my opinion. I'm starting to find myself more partial to Ford's direction of branding. Yikes! icon_sprint.gif

• Like 2

Boxes is right... to be fair it's what sells. The largest part of the market wants fuel economy, truck-like visibility, car-like handling... so they make something the size of a truck, with the limitations of a car, and the styling of a track shoe, and call it a crossover. Just like everybody else.

Yeah cross-overs suck. The drawbacks of an SUV and the drawbacks of a car all in one. Why can't people just buy station wagons, or minivans, or even large sedans? :shrug:

At least the R50 is a very capable cross over and still has the Pathfinder roots.

Speaking of R50s...

My dad's taking it in to get the trans fluid changed. Is there an internal filter that needs changing (pan drop)? My impression was that it's more of a screen than a filter, but searching around I'm not so sure.