Anyone try these LED headlight sealed beams?

ahardb0dy

I see these advertised in the back of the 4 wheel magazines and a guy I work with has one on his Harley, anyone ever tried them?

http://www.truck-lit...92027&langId=-1

Probably not, just saw the price !!!!!! $334 !!!!! HOLY CRAP !!

Edited by ahardb0dy

Holy crap is right $334.00 is a bit pricey anybody look into street glow light products at napa auto stores they have good selection of LED lighting they even sell headlight wiring harness upgrade kits to beef up those stock pathfinders wires.

I was just wondering because the guy at work had one on his Harley and I had never seen a headlight like that before, price is crazy, probably would come down after they are out for a while.

http://www.amazon.co...r/dp/B007ED7HNY

Wow! Is that price for each?? I would not run these on my pathfinder, I've broken too many headlights on the trail. The H4 housings I run in the truck run me $20 shipped! But on the other hand, I would definitely run these in my 200SX, but only if you get TWO at that price. haha!

$100 cheaper on ebay here:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Truck-Lite-27450C-5-x-7-Rectangular-LED-Headlamp-Hi-Low-Beam-Headlight-/170855839424

Edited by silverton

That's a fun one. I am not sure that LEDs would give you the same amount of coverage as regular halogen bulbs would. LEDs have a very narrow beam of output even with a reflector.

buddy with the cab-over flatbed I've posted before switched to LED headlights (high and low beams, has the smaller rectangle headlights with separate units for low and high), last time I talked to him he loved them for night driving though he did say his wallet hurt really bad from them. They are still in it last time I saw him on the road as well. Haven't been at the same place as him in a while though to talk to him...

Not bad. That must be an array of High Power LEDs. If you stack them into an array you can evenly distribute beams of light. LEDs last forever, are more durable, consume less power, do not need a ballast like Xenons, and emit more light. Of course price is the down side. HP LEDs are never cheap.

Beam all depends on the lens. Flashlight LEDs are pretty focused, but I've found some surface-mount types with about a 120* spread.

Those are seriously bright! Once the size of the diode used becomes more common, the price will probably go down.