Options for a new front-end.

Hangdiver

Can someone help me with some suggestions on a new front-end.

Got hit by an air-borne quad on the front right. It broke the radiator and bent the entire front frame pretty bad. As a matter a fact; the dent in the front/center of the hood was the guys helmet.

I looked into a ARB front bumper and winch bucket, but I didn’t want to pay $864! $400 wouldn’t hurt as much.

Any good ideas on a way to just cover it and have a place to put my lights. Don’t care how it looks, but I’ve got to get my lights back, it’s hard to see in the woods at night.

Picture is at: Truck-Wreck.jpg

Most if not all of what you need you could get at a salvage yard for around $400. Not sure how many are around there in WY though...

looks like you need:

Hood

hood insert

front grille

RH fender

front bumper

RH bumper fascia

RH turn signal

fog light

probably a RH bumper bracket as well

Edited by Alkorahil

Looks close to the damage a friend of mine has from a minor fender bender. Alkorahil is right as usual, start looking at junk yards or part outs. I bet you could get away with a replacement fender, hood, bumper, radiator and hammer out the rest. I do advise anyone who wants to keep their pathy to replace the stock bumper as they are next to useless (as proven in your photo). I have an ARB and I suspect it would fend off a flying quad 10x better, but yes, they are pricy if you can still find them. Best bet is to have a friend with a welder mock up a basic bumper for you and fix 2 problems at once. JamesRich has a good example of a basic but effective winch bumper so go look at his truck for ideas.

B

Alkorahil,is the man he really knows his stuff.Yea when I can I want to replace my front and rear stock bumpers.James rich has the right Idea.But I like the ARB look.

Thank you so much guys!

I've looked from Cheyenne past Denver and everything I've found already has front-end damage and is unusable.

One thing I've noticed: I'm the original owner, prior to the crash which was last August, it only had a ding here-and-there. But overall looked pretty good for its' age. I bought the thing to 4x4. Actually, got stuck pretty deep the first time, and everyone gave me a hard time since it still had the drive-out tags on it. But that's what I bought it for.

Back to the noticed thing. Now that it's damaged, I've grown a lot gutsier. Which in turn, makes it a lot more fun! Now I'm considering a roll-bar...........

I'm thinking about just leaving the damage and putting a front bumper on the front. Well, I need one with a winch bucket. I'm just not finding very many out there will work. ARB is nice, and you pay nicely. I'm just wondering if anyone besides JamesRich knows of a place that sells something that will work and look ok.

PS: I did send JamesRich a message, which I'm sure he's received many, I doubt he would do it again and sell them. I'm pretty sure the answer is no. But that really looks great. He did a great job on that, too bad he's not making some side money on selling them.

A guy my dad works with puts a dent in the fender of any vehicle he buys, before he drives it, so that he's not worried about banging it around. :)

A couple hours with a hammer might get most of the bits passably straight. If you're not looking to win beauty contests with it, and it's safe/legal to drive, chances are you'll find other places to spend the money.

Thank you so much guys!

I've looked from Cheyenne past Denver and everything I've found already has front-end damage and is unusable.

One thing I've noticed: I'm the original owner, prior to the crash which was last August, it only had a ding here-and-there. But overall looked pretty good for its' age. I bought the thing to 4x4. Actually, got stuck pretty deep the first time, and everyone gave me a hard time since it still had the drive-out tags on it. But that's what I bought it for.

Back to the noticed thing. Now that it's damaged, I've grown a lot gutsier. Which in turn, makes it a lot more fun! Now I'm considering a roll-bar...........

I'm thinking about just leaving the damage and putting a front bumper on the front. Well, I need one with a winch bucket. I'm just not finding very many out there will work. ARB is nice, and you pay nicely. I'm just wondering if anyone besides JamesRich knows of a place that sells something that will work and look ok.

PS: I did send JamesRich a message, which I'm sure he's received many, I doubt he would do it again and sell them. I'm pretty sure the answer is no. But that really looks great. He did a great job on that, too bad he's not making some side money on selling them.

Ok, so not much luck locally. Too bad! Smaller things can be shipped, IIRC I have some replacement fog lights and the inserts they mount to left over from my first Pathy (with front end damage :rolleyes: ). Let me make sure I can locate them/haven't sold them...

Yeah, the damage does that. Not really a bad thing, but you certainly want to get it back running and to where it is legal and not a hazard too. Just find the balance... :lol:

I'm sorry, I was unclear. JamesRich bought his from a company KMA that merged and formed something like Tactical Armor Group? Yeah, TAG, I got it right...

http://www.tacticalarmorgroup.com/TAGStore/TAGStore/tabid/71/CategoryID/379/List/1/Level/a/productid/1773/Default.aspx

That looks OK and is 1/2 the price of an ARB. Some people have had issues with their quality, but I haven't bought from them and can't say so look around and read reviews. ;)

B

B is right my bumper is from KMA now TAG. The only problem I had with them was their delivery time. I was warned before so it didn’t bother me. They told me 6 to 7 weeks and it took 10 but I got a really nice and solid bumper that I'm happy with so it's all good. I made a video dragging the truck with the wheels locked and the bumper didn't even flex, it's very strong.

MY1PATH had problems with a rear bumper he got from them a long time ago; he basically had to rebuild it to use it.

This one IIRC cost me $765. They are cheaper than an ARB but not a whole lot cheaper.

James

Thanks for the info. I'll either go with TAG or ARB, we'll see how the $ goes.

I think I'm just going to beat it back out and rig the blinker back on since it still works.

Yeah, the apron pushed in enough to V my radiator and condenser. I'm afraid when I pull the apron back out I'll probably defunk my AC. It's fixable though.