wheel well panel removal

kefferjoe

hi i need to remove a portion of the passengetr front wheel well the piece that i need is in the front of the wheel well and is partially attached to the core support...after examinig it for a bit it looks like the rest of the portion i need is attached with some sort of silicone glue. Am i overthinking this by supposing that this should be harder to remove than it really is or is it really just glued in there with a few spot welds on one side.

Not familiar with the part, but... that's probably seam sealer you're looking at. Doesn't mean it is or isn't welded underneath, but I've never seen it used just as an adhesive.

In fact on my WD the seamsealer's one purpose seems to be rust creation... every time I strip some off I find rust under it! :angry:

Well panel under the front plastic. It has the battery stand attached to it. I think what's happening is the panel over laps another panel and these panels are either "glued" together or they are spot welded and "glued" together I'll try and post pictures of everything I'm doing tomorrow when it's light out and I can get some decent pictures