1" Leveling kit for 99.5 Pathfinder?

jwbehm

I have been somewhat disappointed by the lack of aftermarket Nissan parts, in part because I used to wheel a Toyota. My pathfinder had some sort of 2"-3" spacer lift on it when I bought it. As with most spacer lifts, the back is beginning to sag. Could yall tell me where I could find some suspension parts for these trucks? I havent decided if I want to go with new springs and keep the existing spacer, add

another spacer on it, or get a bigger spacer. It will probably just come down to what I can find and is cheapest. I could care less about the ride quality so that is a non-issue.

Another question that I could probably find myself by searching (but this is easier): what are my options as far as a rear locker goes? I am spoiled as my old 4Runner had a factory e-locker so any lunchbox lockers are out of the question. Is ARB my only real option when it comes to selectable lockers?

Thanks ahead for any advice, it is greatly appreciated!

You can get new coil springs that provide a variety of lift heights, from 1/2" to 2-1/2". Old Man Emu has mild lift springs, and 4x4parts.com has 2-1/2" lift springs.

ARB makes the only selectable locker available for your Pathfinder.

You can get new coil springs that provide a variety of lift heights, from 1/2" to 2-1/2". Old Man Emu has mild lift springs, and 4x4parts.com has 2-1/2" lift springs.

ARB makes the only selectable locker available for your Pathfinder.

Ive always been a fan of OME springs so I will probably go that route, thanks for your help!

I have the 2" AC lift springs on my 99.5 with a 1" NX4 strut spacer on the front. I have yet to experience any mechanical problems with this set up (although I've only had it for a little over a year now).

• 1 month later...

devonianwalk, are you just using rear lift coils and a front strut spacer or are you using lift coils all around plus the front spacer. I wasn't sure and I'm asking because I was thinking of lift my 02 pathfinder with just rear lift coils and just a 2" strut spacer.

Snake racing makes a 35mm spacer that gives you 50mm of lift but wasn't sure if anyone has ran that setup. I'm just going to go with the 2" coil lift, just a little worried about the topping out issues.

Edited by elias638

Be cautious. The Snake racing spacer is designed to mount between the upper isolator and the lower bracket. This should not be used in conjunction with lift springs as the strut will be too close to its full extended length, resulting in top out issues. The only way around top out issues when using a strut spacer and lift springs is to mount the strut spacer on top off the upper isolator, thus not forcing the strut closer to its fully extended length.

Be sure that you can mount the snake racing spacer on top before placing your order. 35mm is the absolute maximum you would ever consider going as you risk damaging the CV joints. I would highly recommend locking hubs.

Daddy Rim, I appreciate that info. I decided not to even go that route. I'm just going to get the 2" coil lift. Do you recommend one over the other..OME or AC?

It's really a personal preference on springs depending how much lift you want, AC will provide a little more. I just finished installing the AC springs and a 1" spacer from Daddy Rim and I couldn't be happier! That was after much personal debating between OME and AC, but I'm happy with the little extra lift that AC provides.

It's really a personal preference on springs depending how much lift you want, AC will provide a little more. I just finished installing the AC springs and a 1" spacer from Daddy Rim and I couldn't be happier! That was after much personal debating between OME and AC, but I'm happy with the little extra lift that AC provides.

:yeahthat:

I was just reading the thread and was wondering if anyone knows if the OME and AC coils are actually the same coils? I read from a forum someone saying that both kits use the same OME coils.

You can buy OME coils from AC's website as well, maybe that's what they meant. They are definitely different springs as I was previously running OME's in the rear and switched them out for AC's and its a different lift height.