Water Temp Sensor issues...

Well finally got my lovely little part in from courtesy parts however, while attempting to get the old one off... well let the picture do the talking

IMAG0138.jpg

As you can see.. the bolt broke off and my sensor piece also fell off, any suggestions on taking it off?? I hope I won't have to actually take it to someone.

U can get that off....i used a 13/16 6 point spark plug socket and hacksawed 1inch off it..read the "how to" in the garage section for "coolant temp sensor"....ur sensor is already broke off so a 13/16 1/4" socket shoud work fine...take the idler pulley bracket off, and put ur socket on first, then pop a swivel extension on the socket, then pop ur ratchet on..1/4" works well.......doing it like this u can clear the timing belt cover . Once u crack it loose youll have to ditch the socket setup and thread it out by hand, when installing the new 1 u will have a clearance issue on the tbelt cover, so u can thred it in by hand and use some needlenose or whatever to start it until u can get that socket back o, then ur swivel, then ur ratchet ...hope this helps you!

Edited by amo1dun

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry about this late response, i tried to use the spark plug trick. it turns and turns but doesn't come out. i can turn the nut anyway i want with just my fingers. Any other suggestions?

Sorry about this late response, i tried to use the spark plug trick. it turns and turns but doesn't come out. i can turn the nut anyway i want with just my fingers. Any other suggestions?

Idk man , thats a tight space in their...you may have to take the cover off and go at it, If it were me, id probably try and zap a quick weld on that nut and tit their and then try again, after that idk cover gotta come off.

haha thanks for the response, do you think a solder would be hard enough, unfortunately for me I don't own a welder nor do I know anyone who does.. lol. I do like your style though.

Idk man, find a welder! Solder wont work... U can try finding another thin nut and jamnut that bitch on their tight, if u can grab a thread of two..u may be able to lock that nut tight and spin it out...

• 1 year later...