finaly got my pathy running good again!

BuckRyp

So i dropped my trans and replaced the rear main crank seal on my motor, had to replace the oil pan gasket to do so. When i got it all back together it ran like crap! so i started looking around and had to replace the Mass Airflow Sensor, ran i little better but not great. So i replaced the throttle positioning sensor and it ran a lot better so i removed the throttle body and cleaned to crap out of it. replaced all the vaccum lines and now she runs like a champ! i still need to adjust the clutch its all at the bottem now and im not sure what i need to do with it but it drives and a lot better than before. still have some tweeking to do with it but over all its good to go. need to redo my oil pressure swich the wires broke off and i need to replace the swich. also need to find some power in there somewhere. There is some power just not a lot.

Do you still have the TBI on your truck? Mine starts and fast idles normally, however as it warms up and the RPM's start to drop down to normal idle, I notice that some times it runs and idles rough right around 1500 rpm. On other occasions it will 'lope' as it idles down, meaning the tach needle and engine will fluctuate between 1500 - 1800 to 2000 rpm as it warms up. When completely warm and at operating temperature, it idles smoothly and normal at around 900 - 1000 rpm, which is where I set it.

Any ideas? I haven't checked for codes from the ECU yet.

Thanks.

I do not know, but today i found an entirely new problem. havnt found out what it is but it making me mad. So today i start my truck and this time its running ruff. it started fine and idled a bit high then it was just ruff running so i drove it to the shoppett like 1/4 of a mile and it was sluggish and still ruff. So in the parking lot i opened the hood and pulled te air filter off and it ran a bit better, got me 3 miles to work and back. now it seams to be a spark, fuel or dirty top end. if i leave it idle when its cool it will almost die out so i have to goose the gas a bit. all this time there is hardly any power in the motor when up shifting it sputters and seams like its either out of gas or not enuph air to fuil mix. wish i knew a good mechanic as a friend that could come over and trouble shoot with me.

Unfortunately, there are a lot of things that could be going on so it's really hard to make suggestions. I have had fuel filters become partially blocked that made the vehicle stumble and miss...

B

I do not know, but today i found an entirely new problem. havnt found out what it is but it making me mad. So today i start my truck and this time its running ruff. it started fine and idled a bit high then it was just ruff running so i drove it to the shoppett like 1/4 of a mile and it was sluggish and still ruff. So in the parking lot i opened the hood and pulled te air filter off and it ran a bit better, got me 3 miles to work and back. now it seams to be a spark, fuel or dirty top end. if i leave it idle when its cool it will almost die out so i have to goose the gas a bit. all this time there is hardly any power in the motor when up shifting it sputters and seams like its either out of gas or not enuph air to fuil mix. wish i knew a good mechanic as a friend that could come over and trouble shoot with me.

Ok so i was looking around on here and found an old old post from 06 of a guy having the same problems as i am and did everything i have, he spent a few months working on the problem and finaly found the problem, it was the timeing/ distributor so im going to run the timeing light and see if my timeing is off then if it is replace the distributor and go from there.