Rear engine seal: part name or number?

WokeUpDead

Hi guys,

I will be changing the clutch in my 1995 Patfhinder soon, I would like to change the rear engine seal since I'll have the transmission out anyway. I tried looking for that part on Rockauto.com, but could not figure out which one it is. Can anyone give me a maker/part number, or a different name for the part other than "rear engine seal?" Thanks.

Was just on rock auto. Timken part # 228410

When you look in the description under Engine>Crankshaft Seal you will see it says rear or front.

For what it's worth, I bought mine at the Nissan dealer for a whopping 45 dollars. I didn't want to but I've heard sometimes aftermarket seals don't last very long.

Edited by adamzan

Rear main seal, Nissan part number 12279-AD205. It's $28.48 from http://www.courtesyparts.com as a reference. I would not run an aftermarket seal here, saving $12 on one of the most expensive-to-get-to parts on the truck is not a good value IMHO. I've seen many VGs with the original RMS at 250k miles with no sign of even slight seepage.

Thanks guys, I saw the crankshaft seal on the list, but I thought those were for the front of the engine, didn't notice they come in "front" and "rear" varieties. Sounds like buying an original Nissan part is the way to go though.