MAF SENSOR PLUG (solution)

MY1PATH

This has come up a few times in the past, You go to change your air filter but the lead on the MAF plug is so short it fights you. Maybe its wore out from people not being gentle to in the past it and one of the wires breaks or fatigued. Now you have a MAF code on your ECU or your truck just don't drive right. You go to a JY to find another to splice in longer and hope its not screwed up as well or maybe you got one of those fancy extensions but you still have to deal with that stupid little wire clip!

What if you could just push a button and it was unplugged?

Push, Pull, Change Filter, Plug Back In!

http://www.weaponxperformance.com/catalogv137/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=253&zenid=a3608e1080e0b0fcecadc7897c2137c1

This is also the same plug used for the TPS Just push on the wire and it releases the plug.

TPS0006.jpg

I have actually found this style connector to replace EVERY wire clip connector under my hood (injectors, cyl head temp, Knock, Idle, cold idle....) but the MAF connector has been the most problematic for many so I thought I'd share.

So is the new plug from the company you linked to? or do you get it from the TPS from the junkyard and splice in the wires?

The new plug (pictured left) is the link, that's where I got mine from.

I'm looking now but incase you already have a solution do these guys have a connector for the m30 maf plug?

N/m no they don't

As far as I know the M30 Push Release plugs are not available new in USA unless collected by someone and sold on e-bay. They are the same plug as the z32 MAF and I ordered mine from Australia for a pretty penny and some pricey shipping. http://carcraze.com....-quick-release/

Volvos use the same MAF clip but they are push release from the factory and much better built than the stock Nissan ones. There are tons of free clips to choose from in the junk yards.

DSCN0944.jpg

James your MAF is for a Z car. Pathys got a stupid 3 pin plug.

But yes, after looking at few Volvos and not having the same luck as you I decided to just buy a new one with fresh terminals to crimp on for my M30 MAF.