Vh45 swap (No not a build thread unfortunately)

So i was bored, and thought i would look at a possible next car, love the look of the 240sx's that are JDM'ed to look like S14's, long story short is i came across this over at NICO

http://forums.nicoclub.com/zach-s-build-thread-t470446.html

Its an incredibly well done VH45 V8 swap, and a very good read (or scroll through if you have ADOSS, like me) and this got me thinking, and in a bad way.

Why have't i seen anyone do this, i know there isn't a ton of R50 guys on here, but i feel like everyone on NPORA is more than capable of doing something like this.

So whats stopping everyone?

Now i know my lack of experience is talking so far out my arse its in the next county, but bare with me. I have no idea how much time and effort goes into one of these. lol

-Kyle

That right there, thats embarrassing.

-Kyle

dont worry about it B)

sometimes i search for a topic for 10-15min and end up changing words around and looking through 20 pages or so before i find my answer...

and i understand that sometimes you just want an immediate answer instead of wasting time looking, but more then likely you'll find more useful information (in addition to what you were originally looking for) when searching.

dont worry about it B)

sometimes i search for a topic for 10-15min and end up changing words around and looking through 20 pages or so before i find my answer...

and i understand that sometimes you just want an immediate answer instead of wasting time looking, but more then likely you'll find more useful information (in addition to what you were originally looking for) when searching.

Yeah, thanks man, appreciate help, and i do remember reading that, but completely forgot it was on NPORA.

-Kyle

Yea I've been looking around a bit for some engine swap ideas since mine is about to break 200k and i dont believe the previous owner took that great of care of it. (I bought it with 187K) I have a chevy 4.3 sitting in the shop floor and a 200r4. But seeing as the bellhousing on the factory trans isnt mated I figure it may be possible to have one built to bolt to the nissan trans and the back of the Chevy motor. Saving me from having to figure out the drivelines. Then the figuring out the flywheel and torque converter would probably be a pain..As far as electricals go yea theyll suck... And the nissan trans may not hold up to the hp/tq of the 4.3. Oh the joys of custom fab! I was thinking the 4.3 simply because i have one already. Building a VG34 surpasses any knowlege i have of the VG engines. The VG33ER(i think) the factory supercharged xterra/fronteir sounds like a fun motor to have too. Electronics wise the 4.3 still sounds easier.