Looking For Fender Flares To Cover Rusty Fenders

taylormade

Okay hhhmmmmmm , well first what a cool ars site !! So many great looking rigs and my mind is racing in anticipation of doing that there like that Pathfinder and adding that there like that one . TOO COOL MAN !!

Anyhoo , just found this 98 LE on Craigs . I seen it and called on it and it was sold ,and I was bummed . But low and behold I seen it re-list a few days later and jumped at the lucky second chance to own it . I love it !! The interior is what sold me . Loaded to the nines and for a 98 everything works great . The outside is another question , but not anything I can't handle or haven't tackled before .

So my first "fix it" idea is fender flares to cover up the rust that is starting to get out of hand on the fenders . Doing a little Google searching I'm not really finding or understanding might be the better word of what's out there for these awesome fricking rigs !!

Any help in pointing me in the right direction would be greatly appreciated and might just come with chocolate cupcake rewards ..... :). Everybody likes chocolate right ?

Welcome Bud!! :beer:

Well, as for the rust, I have to agree... Cut it out or it will spread. If you must cover it, look in the Classified section here for people who are parting out vehicles and buy a set from them?

Congrats on your Pathy BTW...

B

Thanks you very much you guys , very nice . Yeppers , cutting out the cancer is what I was thinkin' also . I just love the hell out of it too . Can not wait to head up north here in Michigan and 4 wheel with it and see what she got's .

Yep , posting a pic I will do . Just signed up and I need to feel my way around here and learn this that and the other thing on here . Okay hhhhhmmmmmmm , posting a pic ....... yes .

Edited by taylormade

Uplows them to a free hosting site "I prefer photobucket as it's easy to upload strait from my phone through an app". and copy the code then paste them into your posts :aok:

haha nunya ..... us idiots need to stick together ...... :)

RULE THE WORLD !!

devoinwalk - is a very helpful dude , nice to have him around here I bet

PaMountianbiker - serious four wheeler there ya got , she is a looker for sure .

Ya know I have had every pick-up truck made (American made ) and big cars and little ones too , but my Pathfinder just rocks man . I've never felt so giddy about a vehicle before ........ it's crazy !!!

Edited by taylormade

lol @ devonianwalk

PaMountianbiker - thank you sir .....

Precise1 - thanks very much

snow4me - hhhmmm yes , maybe so ? I can not wait to pack her up with goodies ( including my sweety ) and heading up north running the fire trails and letting my freak flag fly . As ya'll have noticed my tires and wheels will suck big time for any hard core 4 wheeling but I think I'll just run them tires down on their tread life and come an pick all your brains on something a little beefer to mount on them wheels .

I'm doing the ' baby step ' routine here . First , tackle my fender flares and rust issue and roll from there to bigger and better things as the play around monies allow .

Life Is Good When You Own A Pathfinder !!!!!

Thanks for the welcome there Phamton01 ....

I live right in the middle of the thumb area and have exciting plans to boogie up around the Tawas/Oscoda area where I'm familiar with from chasing steelhead and salmon in one of the greatest rivers in the world the AuSable river . Michigan has MANY MANY MANY great areas to off-road , Gaylord and Grayling are great for trail riding , nice narrow fire tracks through miles of wilderness or if you enjoy the sandy side of things the west side and the sand dunes along the Lake Michigan shoreline are awesome places to tool around . Deep sand and hills , atv's and rail buggies and everything you can imagine pack the sand dunes . Good family fun too and the peeps are very friendly and helpful , like in this forum .

So you are and Indiana'erererer ? or is it Hoosier ?

Thanks kyle94 ....... I'll get my stats posted on them and the rest of my "baby" like you all have up on here soon . Nice pics of yours there you got posted . It's in good shape man . They don't throw salt on the winter roads over there ?

• 3 years later...