RC Pathy

Balln

Not sure if this is ok to post here so mods feel free to move where you like :aok:

I picked up a little losi micro crawler off craigslist for $30 and when i got it home i new exactly what i was going to use it for. I have a extended cab nissan hardbody model that has been sitting for some time now but after measuring some parts i thought it would be better to put my pathyfinder body on it and make a mini Woody. The stock losi wheels are way to big for the little pathfinder body so i had to make the model wheel and tires fit the losi axles. They are still big but much better for the scale look im going for. This will be a slow build but i plan on using the model chassie or making my own for it and lots of detail i want it to look like my pathy but micro :aok:

Ok on to the pics.

IMAG0001.jpg

IMAG1212.jpg

IMAG1216.jpg

IMAG1215.jpg

IMAG1213.jpg

IMAG1217.jpg

With model wheels and super swampers :jig:

IMAG0002.jpg

IMAG0003.jpg

IMAG0004.jpg

ARE YOU READY?????????????????

ARE YOU SURE??????

OK THEN!!!!!

IMAG0006.jpg

IMAG0007.jpg

IMAG0009.jpg

Some Sexy Flexy

IMAG0010.jpg

The body is just sitting on there just to give you guys an idea of what it will look like. The guy made custom threaded links and they are not equal so the wheels stick further out on the front and back.

Edited by Balln

Thanks Guys i think it looks pretty damn cool it crawls alot better with the swampers. I cant wait to get the chassie done and mount the body and crawl it.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys i got some more stuff done to the little guy and figured i would share the progress.

I picked this up from ebay

DSCF2347.jpg

Already black i plan on making the green one a still model in a desert scene crawling some rocks it will look like MR. Jims rig. :aok:

I made some tranny brackets that mount in the pre existing holes of the model and rc tranny. The screws are just for mock up

DSCF2349.jpg

DSCF2348.jpg

DSCF2350.jpg

DSCF2351.jpg

You can see here the start of the rear susp. I know!!!! I know!!!! Leafs!!!!! but the rod ends to link it are just so big that it will make it hard to make work besides how cool will little leafs be.

DSCF2353.jpg

The leaf mounts dont hang down that low

DSCF2356.jpg

You can see here with the trans brackets i made the trans sits pretty low in the body

DSCF2354.jpg

DSCF2355.jpg

I got this little guy for free at the hobby shop

DSCF2346.jpg

DSCF2361.jpg

DSCF2362.jpg

Once i get all the stuff thats hanging up it will sit a bit lower and look more scale.

DSCF2357.jpg

DSCF2358.jpg

DSCF2359.jpg

DSCF2360.jpg

Hope you guys like

Thanks guys I'm glad you guys like it!!!! I trimmed a couple things up and I think I may be able to link it. At least in the rear to make it more scale to my 1/1.

• 3 months later...

OK guys its been awhile since i have posted any updates. I couldnt figure out how to mount the front axle so i put it in my tool box at work at thats where it sat till the other day i decided to take a look at it and it hit me i figured out how to mount it lol. Here is some pics

DSCF2422.jpg

DSCF2423.jpg

DSCF2424.jpg

DSCF2425.jpg

DSCF2426.jpg

DSCF2427.jpg

DSCF2429.jpg

More pics coming, waiting on Photobucket

IMAG0558.jpg

IMAG0559.jpg

IMAG0561.jpg

IMAG0562.jpg

IMAG0563.jpg

IMAG0565.jpg

IMAG0566.jpg

IMAG0568.jpg

IMAG0569.jpg

IMAG0570.jpg

Starting to come together i also got the steering servo mounted just have to make the steering linkages.

• Like 1

Thanks guys. It gets more flex its just really light right now. I wanna keep it looking close as posible to my pathy but once I get all the electonics and scale goodies on it ill see how it performs and if it needs more weight up front I may build some arb bumpers instead of wheel weights.

• 4 weeks later...

Balln,

Ur a bastard!

Just kidding, I'm just jealous of your toy! I've been wanting to do up a Pathy for years. I saw a Pathy body @ a hobby shop anout 10 yrs ago, but didn't have the money to get the RC. Maybe some day. Looks SWEET!

you shud go into production bud ....... . ive got a model teranno that i havent made yet and im thinking thinking of doing the same !

There is alot of guys building micro rc trucks out of model bodies and the losi micro crawler. Im just the first to build it with the pathy body that i know of. You should try and build one but i will tell you its hard to work on them due to the size and it took me alot of mini fabbing to get the susp to work right with the stock model frame. You could use make a custom frame out of plastic or some guys use brass and braze it together. There is also companys that make mini chassies that use plastic leafsprings but im not sure how it would fit under this body.

Balln,

Ur a bastard!

Just kidding, I'm just jealous of your toy! I've been wanting to do up a Pathy for years. I saw a Pathy body @ a hobby shop anout 10 yrs ago, but didn't have the money to get the RC. Maybe some day. Looks SWEET!

LOL its ok and thanks. Yeah you should build one there a blast to play with.

So i have to do a update here soon with pics. I got it finished up and painted. It still needs some trimming in the front becuase the tire likes to bind up when it gets stuffed into the well. But i took it to the side of the house to play on the rocks for the first time but what i found was way better. Water and what does water and dirt make??????????? Thats right MUD lol I couldnt resist so i dipped off into it. It didnt do so good becuase all the wait is in the rear but now that i know i can fix that and my tires are model tires so there kinda stiff and got packed pretty good with mud. I did happen to shoot some video with my phone but when i played it on my computer there was no sound. And i also dont know how to post vids?

Pics coming

• 4 weeks later...

Hey guys i have some videos for you of the micro pathy mudding lol. The frist few vids was its first outing and real test run so it wasnt performing so good. I relised i had to add more weight to it becuase it was so light and it helps the susp move and flex better plus it makes the tires grip better. I also had to trim some of the wheel wells and some stuff hanging down on the under carriage. I still have some issues with the sterring setup up but its working better then before.

• Like 1

LOL yeah its a blast to play with. I really like taking it in the mud lol the tires are a little to hard for rocks but it does ok. Im wanting to build a bit bigger in scale Nissan hardbody and ill then be able to use rc4wd tires that will be more scale and softer then model tires and it should perform alot better on rocks.