Tranny adapters for nissans

Was wondering if it was possible to interchange yota parts with nissans. I have a buch of yota parts from builds I done in the past. I would love to do a sas using the yota front axle but realy dont want to cut it to make it driver side diff to mate up to nissan drive shaft. Is there any adapters to swap from nissan trans case to yota? Or maybe even adapting the yota tranny and trans case to my pathy to get the trans case and diff to line up? Just hate to see all the parts not getting any use. I have springs and front and rear axles(with 5.29 gears) and a 5 speed tranny and trans case from early 80s yota. My pathy is a automatic and I would love to have the 5 speed and gear ratio from my parts.

I doubt you'll find an adapter... not a lot of people make bits for these. If you could mate the engine and trans... rework the frame etc for the axles/shafts... it could work. But it sounds like a lot more work than swapping in a Nissan 5-speed and hacking up a Yota axle.

I suppose you could also just put a Toyota engine in it. Then you'd only have the mounts to figure out.

At that point, though, you might as well save yourself a whole lot of work and just pick up a Yota!

I think there is a Atlas transfer case adapter now available. Now I dont have one, but I believe the Atlas transfer is "clockable" so you could put the output on the passenger side to the front diff so you could use the toyota front axle.

http://ruggedrocksoffroad.com/nissan-pathfinder-wd21-r50-transfer-case-c-38_341.html

Edited by 5523Pathfinder

Or run a divorced Toyota T-case...

Believe me I was hunting some adapters for motor to tranny, tranny to t-case etc.

Not a whole lot of nothing for these Nissans... now GM, Ford, Toyota and Jeep.... well you can buy anything you want for these!!!

Edited by tmoore4512

Tmoore is right. I checked every option trying to adapt TOY case to nissan.( I had toyota case with 5.1 gears.) I could not do it. Out put shafts on toy and nissan are completely different. 21 spline to 28 spline. You would have to find or make a stub shaft adapter.Advance adapters makes an adapter for nissan to atlas case. I believe it is $400 is not much help unless you are using atlas case. If you figure out a way let me know I am sure most people here would. Good luck.

You could try and get a machine shop to fabricate a shaft in which one end takes the nissan splines and the other takes the toyota splines

Looked into that,By the time everything was done for a one off it was not worth it . The Atlas case is a little out of reach,but by the time you start having stuff fabbed up for you,the cost isn't as much as you would think.