Any compatible parts between WD21 and WD22 IFS?

Nefarious

Hey I just had some questions regarding the compatibility between WD21 and WD22 IFS parts (or any parts for that matter). I am looking into options to beef up my WD21 pathfinder IFS. I am running 33x12.5 tires and wheel regularly. I also drive on the highway regularly so IFS is definitely nice. I have my bars cranked up about 2 or 2 and a half inches right now with all stock components other than longer sway bar end links. I am wondering about upper control arm options.... I want the most balljoint angle correction and the most travel (clearance to upper bumpstop).

What similarities are there between the WD21 and WD22 upper control arms? they look similar from pictures, and I have heard the front ends are similar between the pre 05 models of WD22 and WD21... The 720 upper arms look the same as WD21 as well... Any other options? What similarities are in the steering of WD21 and WD22 trucks? Any possible upgrading here using newer better designed components?

Which arms allow the most down travel and balljoint correction for a lift? I am fine with installing drop bushings in the diff. Also are there any options to get rid of the lame torsion bars and install coilover mounts? I could then drop my diff down even more and then run some proper lift/travel front shocks/coils. I can cut and weld and am willing to experiment so any info would be great.

Also I read that 06+ WD22 use a proper coilover front suspension which allows a lower diff mount and rid of the horrible torsion bars. Anyone seen someone running these modified to fit a pathfinder? Seems like it would be such a better design if I could just utilize it on my WD21... Well any info is appreciated. Really trying to weigh the pros and cons of a SAS vs proper IFS setup. I'm willing to do the work for either but I woudl like to stay IFS if i can get some real travel out of it and the nice ride of coils. Otherwise its SAS time i guess....

something like this is EXACTLY what i am looking for. is there any chance it would fit with some modification to a WD21?? Total Chaos long travel IFS for 00-04 xterra

Edited by Nefarious

05+ WD22 is not wd22 its an N50 it varies greatly from its first gen and even from the frontiers of the same year witch became D40. There was never a WD40 in the USA.(except in a blue aerosol can)

The WD21 and the WD22 share compatible steering components, skid plates, sway bars are close and UCA's are very similar as well but I've never tried to see if they are compatible (they do attach to the frame a little different.

The front diff and I believe even the CV's can swap as well.

Underneath the body the wd21 and the wd22 are basically the same just not exact clones and the rear is obviously different.

the rest of your questions have been answered many times over. use Google to help you;

Search: UCA site:npora.ipbhost.com

Replace UCA with whatever other terms. There are a few good threads but every day they get harder to find because repeat threads like this keep popping up in searches.

Hell, it might even be pinned in one of the vehicle sections for easy reference.

Edited by MY1PATH

Interesting. Do you think it would be worth swapping any of these components over like the diff or cv for added strength? or are they just the same parts.

Hense the reason I wanted to start this post. I wanted to know similarities and things that cab swap over. Couldn't find any threads with direct comparison of wd21 and wd22 front ends. I see xterra run 33s all the time even close to stock it would seem they have stronger parts. I want to know what can be used and if the aftermarket ucas might work if the xterra balljoint are used. Also as there are long travel 4wd kits for xterra I was hoping it could be adapted. And I also couldn't find any info on the exact amount of down travel each after market control ARM has (which arms allow the most front end articulation. Ie the largest gap between the bump stops.

I was lookin under the front of a jgc yesterday and it had coils and radius arms I believe with a driver side drop!! I'm thinking I might just chop up a jgc front end and weld the exact mounts from the jgc into my pathy ... looks Damn straight forward... simple easy to locate mounts and coils up front! Just need to make sure I can find gears for it.. I started looking at the ones I saw around town and some Cherokee even the newer style had leafs up front and some had coils and stamped factory arms... they had the same body style I saw many around town... I think I'm going to find one to chop up....

Edited by Nefarious