Driver door won't stay open

Danger

I did a search and see how to replace the hinge pins, but I don't have any play in my door, just the slightest breeze closes it, or if I am parked on a hill I have to keep it open with my foot.

Not a massive issue, just really annoying if your hands are full.

Anyone had this issue before?

Thanks

is the pressure thing (i don;t know what its called off hand) connected? (the thing 'between' the hinges that holds the door open in a couple positions)

If I'm not mistaken the (we'll call it) door stay is two pieces of stamped metal back to back that pass through a set of spring loaded [pins, rollers or bearings].

First thing I'd try is pulling the roll pin on the door jamb and then prying the two stamping s apart a little bit and putting it back together

If that don't work then the next thing Id do is take the stay out and see if I can rebuild it. Here's me guessing again: See if the springs inside can be replaced with something off the shelf.

a few screws on the outside and it falls into the door and you take the door panel off and pull it out... The rest is unknown...

Edited by MY1PATH

They can stay open? :blink:

I know new cars have that option but I had no idea these trucks could even do that.

Not a problem for me. I always found those door jammers annoying.

It does look like I am missing a few screws where that "door stay" is, maybe I'll take the door panel off and see what I can find.