Over drive question

qatcool

As an added note the manual says...For driving up or down long slopes where engine braking would be advantageous, push the overdrive switch. The O/D OFF light illuminates. When cruising at low speed or climbing a gentle slope, you may feel uncomfortable shift shocks as the transmission shifts between 3rd and overdrive repleatedly. In this case press the overdrive switch. The O/D OFF indicator light comes on at this time. Just remember to turn it back on or your gas mileage will be even less than "normal".

Maybe it's missing because it's not a North American model??? Assuming the Pathfinder in question is equipped with an automatic transmission (not a manual), how many forward gear shift positions are there on the shifter?

I believe all R50s automatic gasoline Pathfinders have an RE4R01A transmission of some sort, which all have overdrive. If the OP can post the transmission model located on the certification plate on the right side of the firewall, that would help.

I believe all R50s automatic gasoline Pathfinders have an RE4R01A transmission of some sort, which all have overdrive.

Yah, but maybe his gear selector lever says "PRND321" while N/A models are "PRND21" with the OD on/off button...

Just throwin' out crazy ideas... :scratchhead:

Edited by XPLORx4

I believe all R50s automatic gasoline Pathfinders have an RE4R01A transmission of some sort, which all have overdrive. If the OP can post the transmission model located on the certification plate on the right side of the firewall, that would help.

This is what I got from the nameplate RE4 RO1A H646, and my shift PRND12, it's made in Japan.