suspension lift

bonehead

Some pathfinders came stock with 31" tires, so no, they should fit fine with rims 6-8" wide and 3.5-4" back spacing. Question is, are you actually at stock height or have your torsion bars sagged a bit over the years? ;)

B

well i don't have torsions so yeah i'm at stock hieght. i just dont have the $$ right now to do a 3in lift. i got some 15x10 for free so i would like to use'm i know with the 31's the sidewall will baloon out but thats the way we like it in hawaii(it's pretty much just for looks).i was just wondering if it will rub if i dont put a suspension lift and would i need wheel spacers??

Yes, if you have a 1991, you have torsion bars.

The 31" tires are 10.5" wide and won't fit 10" rims well, but they will probably seal ok and won't be much wider.

Again, it comes down to the back spacing and the ride height of your Pathy.

Can you get some junk 31" tires mounted to the rims to test??

B

Yes, if you have a 1991, you have torsion bars.

The 31" tires are 10.5" wide and won't fit 10" rims well, but they will probably seal ok and won't be much wider.

Again, it comes down to the back spacing and the ride height of your Pathy.

Can you get some junk 31" tires mounted to the rims to test??

B

ok where will i find the torsion bars so i can crank it up some??? front , back , top , bottom?? is it different from a 1991 d21??

Pretty sure the tbars are the same for the d21 and the wd21. There's a thread on reindexing them. If you look under the car, they're the long rods going from the frame crossmember to the lower front steering arms.

I'm sitting dead stock on 31x10.5s, and my bars might have sagged a little, but it doesn't rub at all. Then again, I've got the full-width rims. Do you have junkyards in Hawaii? You might get a set of proper wheels there, or try Craigslist. The tire place was able to mount a 31 to my spare wheel, which I think is the same size as what you've got. I've never had to use it, so I don't know if it would rub.

For the cheap lift, from what I've read, you just replace your UCAs (fixes alignment), re-index up the torsion bars, install a panhard drop bracket, and swap out your stock rear springs for springs out of a junked Jeep. Then comes the fun of beefing up your steering!

Edited by Slartibartfast

I had factory 31x10.5's on sagging aged old t-bars that did not rub at all... It can be done!

Look around the forums friend, there is a series of great articles listing how to properly, and even improperly (heheheh) lift these rigs...

Here is how I did mine:

Lifting the front end of a Pathfinder