Headlight issues.

TomasEs20

Here's the thing, I just finished fixing my car but the headlights that are currently set up on the car are massive crap, is there any upgrades that you would recommend or rather not recommend, and also are HID headlights a good option cost wise?

Thanks in advance for any responses dudes!

I'm also a noob when it comes to this kind of stuff since I am a new Pathy owner

HIDs are garbage in the stock headlight housings on nearly every vehicle. They reflect a ton of glare, and actually make everything look more monochromatic versus halogen headlamps. More info than you probably care to read here.

Relay your headlights, see this thread.

Welcome to NPORA!

Edited by Towncivilian

HIDs are garbage in the stock headlight housings on nearly every vehicle. They reflect a ton of glare, and actually make everything look more monochromatic versus halogen headlamps. More info than you probably care to read here.

Relay your headlights, see this thread.

Welcome to NPORA!

Thanks a lot! will read and make decisions soon, I can barely see out of the car at night! :togo:

x4 on the relay/wiring upgrade. If you still feel the need for more illumination, I run a set of these and highly recommend them. They only draw 35 watts eacvh so you don't have to upgrade other components to run them...

http://www.amazon.com/Optilux-H71020171-HID-Driving-Lamp/dp/B002NZOWQS

B

x4 on the relay/wiring upgrade. If you still feel the need for more illumination, I run a set of these and highly recommend them. They only draw 35 watts eacvh so you don't have to upgrade other components to run them...

http://www.amazon.com/Optilux-H71020171-HID-Driving-Lamp/dp/B002NZOWQS

B

Interesting!!!! Can we see a pic of where / how you mounted those?

Certainly Sir!!

DSC_0554.jpg

This is actually at dusk, the DSLR flash went off and all 6 lights are on (headlight relay mod not installed). The top lights are Hella 540 amber; the picture actually shows the relative brightness well and the Optilux are bright!!

B

Awesome! thanks for the feedback guys! i will relay my headlights and I will also buy new headlamps as I found out that the ones I have are knock offs made in taiwan. I think I will relay my headlight sometime next week and post my results :D.

Certainly Sir!!

DSC_0554.jpg

This is actually at dusk, the DSLR flash went off and all 6 lights are on (headlight relay mod not installed). The top lights are Hella 540 amber; the picture actually shows the relative brightness well and the Optilux are bright!!

B

Damn! awesome set up! will post my ride over the weekend.

As for bulbs...

After I completed my headlight relay mod I did not need to replace my bulbs initially. However after about 2 weeks running like they were supposed to from day one...one of them went out so I replaced them with some Sylvania Ultra bulbs... Ebay 16.99

Sell them all the time at Autozone but was not about to pay 49.99 for two bulbs...

Let us know how it works out.