sound systems?

shotzie417

I have a Panasonic head unit with kicker components in the front and the back has some kenwood components. And I'm running two tens in a slot port box with a 1000 watt Sony explode amp. It sounds awsome. Also have the iPod cord. So I can hook up my iPhone and listen to pandora!!! I've had this system for 5 years. And has never let me down

Well in the Pathfinder....

I have

Dual DVD/Navigation Flip Out Monitor

Kenwood 4042-A Graphic Equalizer

2 5x7 MTX Front Door Speakers

2 6x9 Sony Xplod Rear Speakers

4 Cadence Flash 8 Inch Midrange Speakers

Kicker ZX 750.1 Amplifier

Kicker DX 400.4 Amplifier

Kicker ZX 650.4 Amplifier

3 Pyramid 3 Inch Tweeters

1 Aapex 3 Inch Tweeter

2 15 Inch Sony Xplod Subwoofers

1 5x15 Inch GMI Pro Sound Horn

Diehard Platinum Battery

2nd Battery Everstart Max

All In a Custom Built Rhino Lined Enclosure

WITH STILL OVER 2 FEET OF TRUNK SPACE REMAINING !!!!

check and double check

I disagree, I think pioneers are the best all around bang for the buck, even the ones at walmart, in fact my brother inlaw acually has a whole pioneer sound system in his explorer, he got from walmart(when they still had the old blue subs)and he has had his longer than mine and it still sounds bad ass. the only reason why i didnt do the same was because i needed shallow mount subs for my old truck.

If you want to get a cheap deck get a sony. I have always used them and have 3 and NONE of them have EVER failed. even the 5 year old one still doesnt skip and it plays scratched discs.

anyways.. in my pathy I am rocking a Sony Xplod deck 52w x 4. they are running to 2x phase linear 5.25" round speakers in the front doors and 2x MTX Thunder 5"x7" in the rear headliner. Running a 600W Kenwood amplifier to a 600W Sony Xplod 12" subwoofer.

It's rockin enough for me!! I did it all custom, the fronts look stock I made the speakers fit under the stock covers and in the rear headliner I made adapters for them to fit in the stock holes and look clean and removed the stock covers as the speakers were far too deep to fit in without spacing.

ill throw some pics up later... still need to make a custom sub box to fit in the side of my truck above the fender well to save space. This one I have in there now is a custom fit for my 240sx to fit in the dead spots in the sides of the hatch back.

Edited by Nefarious

well im going from personal experience with reliability. my sonys have never broken or failed in any way. many of my friends have been through 1 or more jvc decks within the 5 years i have had my one sony. still works perfectly. heres a couple pics.

421317_10151203397305504_764055503_22567748_238415928_n.jpg

426791_10151203397560504_764055503_22567751_1557306597_n.jpg

424370_10151203397880504_764055503_22567753_6716576_n.jpg

Ahh, Xplod subs. I've had one of those 12" for many years and it's never let me down. After retiring it from my truck I hooked it up to my 520W home stereo and it's still kicking.

Okay yeah i have to say it's BEAST construction. Look at the pic... Do you see how many times it's been hit, and HARD? theres massive chunks of paint missing and it plays 100% perfectly.... lol. I said screw it it's lasted this long im not gunna cage it. I'll leave the tools loose in the trunk. :) hahaha

Anyone have any custom boxes built to replace the 6x9 pods in the back of their pathy. For those that don't have your speakers mounted in the headliner. I've been really giving some thought into doing this. I want a sub but I don't want it taking up valuable space in the back. Plus those big ass speaker boxes scream "steal my @!*%". Was thinking about mounting a 10 on one side and putting an amp on the other side. Then using some fiber glass to build a nice smooth mount on top that faces a little toward the front for some 6.5s. Figured this would be a nice clean look that wont attract attention while not loosing any space.

• 1 month later...

Ok, I admit that I don't know much about sound and that I'm going a bit deaf from years of concerts and nail-guns. Still, I like my tunes while driving!

I've got a few questions for the sound gurus.

In replacing door speakers in my '95 SE, the OEM Clarion speakers are component and are 5x7, 2.4 ohm, and max 40W nom 20W.

I'm installing into the door JVC 6.5" components. 4 ohm, 270W peak, 45W rms.

What does it mean that the ohm ratings different?

If I put coaxials in the rear, does mixing coaxial & component speakers affect the quality of my system?

reason for edit: to more clearly state the questions

Edited by lint

I had crackly bass from my stock speakers, but the treble was still quite good so I invested in a 15" Memphis Sub that satisfies mine, and my whole block's love of a lil bump in the trunk~ Im on a college kid budget so I grabbed an amp off craigslist, and got the sub new for 40 bucks, got a box off ebay and installed it with my wingman for a total of $110. The 15 was super cheap since everyone around here nowadays just wants 12s or 10s. It had just been sitting on the bottom shelf for the last year or more wtih a discount sticker on it. I lowballed him an offer and he bit at the chance to clear up that shelf finally~ A single 15 in my ported box hits pleeeeeenty hard for the budget I spent on it :aok:

Edited by Iceman2989

I put some 6.5" in the doors. All I had to do was use a grinder to remove some material from the plastic spacer, and they fit like a charm. I'll be tackling the rears next.