how u say thesr words...

unccpathfinder

do you say them the same?  

18 members have voted

1. 1. same or different

So folks pronounce right and write different? Their and there different? Won and one different? I already had an assumption on the reason y...I also thought the map was funny BC where I lived in ca (Bakersfield area) says them the same...

Discussion arose asking the gf to write pen 15 and she wrote pin 15...I guess she had never heard the phrase "I'm about to give you some pen 15 whether you like it or not" so it sparked this whole other discussion

If someone says p"eh"n to me I'm going to look at you and say the what?

Then you got the Minnesooootans and Wiscaaaansans. Ya, shure finne doncha nooo?

I don't trip over different dialects but when people add or ignore letters, it drives me nutz. Why in the world would anyone say "acrost' instead of across or Warshington instead of Washington?? QUIT MAKING UP YOUR OWN WORDS!! P...

Hey UNCCP, how do you pronounce Wednesday? :D

B

The right way....Hump day

640px-Pin-pen.svg.png

Damn Yankees and left coasters lol... but I guess its all where I'm from which randomly reminds me of a lyric from a guy I went to high school with...

"I'm from the Ville where they carry fo' fives like change for a twenty." (J. Cole)

Hey UNCCP, how do you pronounce Wednesday? :D

B

never understood why it's spelt like that, never heard it said any other way (or have I ever said it any other way) than "wensday"

640px-Pin-pen.svg.png

Damn Yankees and left coasters lol... but I guess its all where I'm from which randomly reminds me of a lyric from a guy I went to high school with...

"I'm from the Ville where they carry fo' fives like change for a twenty." (J. Cole)

Ha! And I'll betcha' that living is SC you have noticed that people pluraize evry business. It's not "Bi-lo", its "Bi-lo's", "Walmarts", "Targets", etcetra.

You yanks crack me up. NONE of us pronounce any of these words correctly - modern English originates in England/Britain - so their dialect is "correct" if there is such a thing.

At least we don't randomly remove letters from words like colour. :lol:

Hey just kidding around, I know to some I may speak weird. If you want to hear something crazy hang out in St. John's NFLD for a while. "Lerd tunderin' jesus we fexya roight!"

640px-Pin-pen.svg.png

For the record, Bakersfield might as well be in the south for all that it is like. *shivers*

Actually, you can take Bakersfield, Fresno and on up to Stockton and wipe it off the map AFAIC...

B

Hey just kidding around, I know to some I may speak weird.

I've never understood a word you've said.

"Lerd tunderin' jesus we fexya roight!"

Yes 'bye.