Wondering about Seafoam

crue313

well it looks like im going to definitely give the seafoam a try. It doesn't look like it could hurt as long as I don't over do it in the vacuum line and some in the gas tank I'm sure would make a good improvement with the idle.

Just a tip about running it through the vacuum line. Don't use the brake booster line, try to get it through the PCV line even if you have to add a piece of hose to it to reach. The sludge your trying to clean out all came in as oil vapors through the PCV. By poring the seafoam in through the PCV your starting at the source of the sludge.

James

A while back my friends were talking me into taking the pathy to the drag strip. I wanted to set up that very Smoke screen setup SchizophrenicMC is talking about but with water instead so I could at least have something to show for my raging 20 second car lol.

Water is cheaper and smells better. So I have less guilt about smoking as often as I want.

Isnt there a spray version of Seafoam, one that you can spray into the intake? If so would you access the intake via the air intake?

Yes, its called deep creep throttle body cleaner. It does not clean the engine, it is meant to clean up the mechanical parts of the throttle when the engine is turned off.