Flexy Flares

Path88finder

I have a set of mud tires that I am using on my 88 Pathfinder that protrude out past the sides of the body, which is considered unroadworthy.

The bloke at the tire shop said I have two options.. buy new tires or get after market flares and put them on my car.

My question being, has anyone had any experience with Flexy Flares? Are they hard to install? How do they look?

Any advice and pics would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Thanks for the link. I, too, am very interested in getting flares that look like that. I think I've seen that site before though. Jegs is asking $103 for a 25ft roll. What would you estimate 4 flares adds up to? 8ft?

Went to the 4x4 shop today and picked up 2 boxes of 65mm flare (the type with the wire in the outer edge). All the trucks in the photos look awesome and I cant wait to get mine on.

After thinking about it for a little while before launching into putting them on, I cant decide what shape to make the ends of the flare around the wheel arches.

super6turbo4, the way you have shaped the flare at the ends looks good from what I can see in your pic. Some close up pics of the front and the rear wheel arches showing the different shapes everyone has gone with at each end of the flare would be a great help.

So far I have come up with either a 35-40 degree angle or a rounded shape then a more flat 90 degree angle where it meets the bull bar...

Oh and the guy at the shop recommended that I have 3 meters of flare for 2 wheel arches, hope that helps 1994SEV6.

Edited by Path88finder