2WD really lugs after driving in snow...

NissanNismoZ

Okay..so..ive done some snow riding, not really anything intensive, but some parts i had to use 4WD

Anyway, as i was coming up my hill, i was spinning, so i stopped on a dry spot and tried to go back up, as i had the rear wheels on actual pavement and not ice..well..pathy wouldnt move. not an inch. i got a friend to look under the vehcle, and when you went from neutral to drive, the driveshaft would move a little, and stop. so i used 4wd to get up the hill and put it back in 2wd at the top of the hill and..it lugged..badly. like i was holding on the brakes.. any ideas?? :( i didnt let it spin a lot..thats why i stopped..

Nevermind..after talking to a few people..they discovered the possibility of either stuck brake or hub sticking..it turned out to be the hub sticking.. i reengaged the 4wd pulling forward so the hubs lock..then put it back in 2wd and reversed it .7 of a mile and..tada! :)

Hope this helps someone out later, auto hubs can be stupid sometimes!

ep, that was my first culprit. Do yourself a favor, take them apart, clean them well and then very lightly grease them and reassemble, they should be more reliable and release after backing up 1 wheel diameter max, not .7 miles. ;)

Grease lightly, more is not better!!

B