Saw this expedition style newer FJ, thought it was cool.

Dowser

Hey.

Found this while looking for something else entirely different. Happens to me all the time. I'm amazed at how many times when I'm looking for something random, that the forum www.expeditionportal.comcomes up. Although this topic doesn't pertain to that, I just thought it was incredible that almost every time I look something up, Links to that place come up.

At any rate,

Check this guys ride out. It's only 2 pages, and then he completely falls off the map in 2010. Too bad, I was looking forward to reading more on his project.

Pretty neat.

I absolutely hate the FJ. My dad's friend owns one and it's terrible in every way you could imagine a commuter vehicle to be.

Of course, maybe it wasn't so much intended for that.

Anyway, that guy's dedicated. I must say, regardless of what car it is, he's thrown a lot of expertise, ingenuity, and money into making that FJ his. Gives me some ideas for my Pathy xDD

I think some of it is cool fab skills for things that I have no need for and then there is a lot of throwing $ at it. Blowing up the diff with 33's surprised me but then he has far more power than a WD21. At the end of the day, I'd like to know the total price tag and then try my own build for 1/2 that...

B

At the end of the day, I'd like to know the total price tag and then try my own build for 1/2 that...

B

The hallmark of the Nissan owner: Cheapness

Every Nissan guy I've ever known personally has been a cheap bugger, but still pulls 17 kinds of awesome off, with that little money. There are those who do it the "right" way too and of course they do awesome stuff, but I'm just impressed by doing stuff for less money lol

Anyway, this build really makes me wanna add stuff to Sammy. Just some amenities, really, but you know. xD

Yes very familiar with Quigley ,Pathfinder and Sportsmobile . They all make beautiful expensive rig's . I have done alot of homework on conversion's just trying to figure out best way to lay out interior for family , would like to run up to Alaska next year via Canada . Will hopefully have it finished and well tested by then .

• 1 year later...