Headers

918pathy

Does anyone have pics there 95' and older Pathfinders with the VG30E motor with headers? If so could you please post up pics of them. I cheated and got my Pathfinder already lifted and it had some mods. done to it and I think mine has headers but need a pic. of the stock ones and one with headers to compare. So if you have have pics can i please see them.

it should be pretty obvious. The stock exhaust consists of a pretty unattractive red (iron) manifold right off of the engine. Directly off of the manifold, there is a another pipe.

If you have headers, then the exhaust pipes will be shiny and instead of manifolds, the pipes will just continue all the way down.

mine are shaped like those in the pics. but they are not shiny they are kinda have a nice dust/dirt/mud layer on them. I also do not have a Doug Thorley emblem on them . Is the Thorley headers the only one available or are there others?

Pace setter makes em as well, I belive there was another company or 2 that did too but off hand can't think of it/them. Doug Thorleys are the general go-to though if you go the bucks as they seem to have the best review around here (no hands on experience as I got stock manifolds but there is general good chatter throughout the forums about them)

does anyone have a pic of there stock ones, just would like to compare the 2 and see what matches closely with mine

I'll get you a stock pic in a minute. I'm about to go out there right now

strait down from the top, right bank

676b5ebb.jpg

(the strait line of rust colored metal

right bank, through the fenderwell

4aec6448.jpg

backside of left bank through fenderwell view (my 'gap guard' on that side don't feel like bending too far right now but you get a slight idea of what the connection end looks like)

8adc7ede.jpg

all from a 88 VG30i

strait down from the top, right bank

676b5ebb.jpg

(the strait line of rust colored metal

right bank, through the fenderwell

4aec6448.jpg

backside of left bank through fenderwell view (my 'gap guard' on that side don't feel like bending too far right now but you get a slight idea of what the connection end looks like)

8adc7ede.jpg

all from a 88 VG30i

Dude, that ROCKS mine look like the Thorleys if there is no difference in the VG30i and the VG30e, I have headers. and I only paid $850.00 for my truck :jig::beer::dance:

how much of a increase of horsepower and torque does headers and a Cherrybomb catback exhaust add to the engine

From my experience there is a slight difference but don't expect much. The real gain is only after 4000 rpm or so. If you don't like to rev high then don't bother. The drive-ability is a little different too and there will be significantly more engine noise. If you have a problem with listening to a muffler on the highway then this set up isn't for you. If not, then enjoy the slight power increase.

The thorleys give u some extra HP but u loose a lil bit of lower end torque

and honestly...low end torque is what really matters for trucks.

For Corvettes or whatever, it's ALL about HP, but trucks are more about torque. But this is just an SUV and torque isn't super important, but I would prefer my torque because I use my truck for work.

how much of a increase of horsepower and torque does headers and a Cherrybomb catback exhaust add to the engine

There are no hard numbers and remember, you need to upgrade the stock intake to maximize the benefits of headers.

and honestly...low end torque is what really matters for trucks.

For Corvettes or whatever, it's ALL about HP, but trucks are more about torque. But this is just an SUV and torque isn't super important, but I would prefer my torque because I use my truck for work.

It's all what you use it for. If you are a Wrok Krawler, yeah, you want torque. If you play in the dunes, you want high rpm power. If you drive it on the street and want passing power, you want high rpm power. No set up is good for everything, that why people have so many different builds... ;)

B

Its kinda cool though, I paid 850 for the truck and it had a air compressor under the hood custom front and rear bumpers and rock sliders that are all welded to the frame and found out it also has headers and it has a 3" BL and some suspension lift (maybe 2"). The truck has approximately 185570 miles on it all it really needs is TLC

Pictures already!!

All that for $850?? :scratchhead:

B

yes, the guy was asking 1200 OBO and before i could make a offer he said if you give me 850 cash now its yours. So it was a no brainer I have some pics. I am gonna try to post them tonite my wife has the USB cord

A lot of time over 5000rpm in a pathy? Whaaaa

my vg is deafening at 5,000 rpm.. it just gets deep-loud until 3k, then it gets high pitched loud and from there it just gets higher pitched and louder.