where to get exhaust flange gaskets

1994SEV6

I'm 98% done with my whole transmission swap. I had to take the exhaust out to get the transmission out. On top of that, I want to replacement my broken manifold studs. After a week and a half, I finally have manifold gaskets. Those are the one for between the manifold and the head. Now, I can't get the ones for between the manifolds and the flanges. I can't find them ANYWHERE. It's really pissing me off that I can't finish this because of some stupid gaskets. Advance Auto Parts doesn't sell gaskets for my truck at all. Autozone doesn't sell the one I need. Pep boys can't find it on their shelves. I'm about to cut one out of am old manifold gasket, but I know that won't fit. Where can I get these gaskets? They are the ones with three bolt holes. Autozone sold a kit with the manifold and flange gaskets. I ordered it three times but they can't seem to get it.

CarQuest, Napa, Pep Boys... Parts stores will have them. Last time I actually cared about gaskets and not just welding flanges shut I went to my local CarQuest, they had a ton of them. Nit some super rare golden commodity

Factory gaskets are the best, I wouldn't use anything else. I just bought 2 for my sentra (same part number as the Pathfinder) $20-22 (can't recall for sure) for a pair.

Edited by ahardb0dy

Factory anything is almost always the best but it may not be worth the cost sometimes though. Typical parts store gaskets should work just fine. The only ones I would get at a dealer are those that sit between the manifold and the head.

Factory anything is almost always the best but it may not be worth the cost sometimes though. Typical parts store gaskets should work just fine. The only ones I would get at a dealer are those that sit between the manifold and the head.

I finally got them. I had to go to some small-time independant parts store to get them. They actually knew what they were doing. Imagine that. Even the secondary flange gaskets I got from Pep Boys were the right size. I had to reuse some old rusty gasket because they were closed.

Oh well. That's just me ranting and being a bit negative. I love those independant shops even if they are a bit more expensive

I paid the $30 or whatever for a manifold gasket at the dealer once, but it was basically identical to the aftermarket ones. The other exhaust gaskets seem way more different (and worth the extra cost).

CarQuest, Napa, Pep Boys... Parts stores will have them. Last time I actually cared about gaskets and not just welding flanges shut I went to my local CarQuest, they had a ton of them. Nit some super rare golden commodity

around where I am there are some super rare golden commodity. can't find them anywhere. Like I said, I ordered it three times from Autozone and I still can't get it. Pep Boys said they had it in stock, but couldn't find it on their shelves in the back.

I don't know if it's this way where you are, but where I am, all the auto parts stores don't even sell auto parts. They mostly sell stupid stuff. Advance Auto is full of stick-on hood scoops, chrome vents, and things like that.

I could see if you lived outside the US having a hard time finding the gaskets but in the US any Nissan dealer should have them in stock. The nice thing is the gaskets for our trucks fit other vehicles which makes it more likely to be in stock. You said you were looking for the gaskets between the exhaust manifolds and the "Y" pipe? Nissan Fast shows 2 types one from before MAy 93 and one after May 93, the earlier gasket looks to be a 3 bolt hole style and the later one looks like a ring type. Both are used on multiple vehicles.

Edited by ahardb0dy

I paid the $30 or whatever for a manifold gasket at the dealer once, but it was basically identical to the aftermarket ones. The other exhaust gaskets seem way more different (and worth the extra cost).

Their design is different and factory pipe gaskets only work with factory pipes. Also, factory pipes have overlap flanges so you can use whatever gaskets as long as they're gaskets. However, you will need some regular gaskets if you use 2" replacement pipes.