Rear end sagging on one side

1994SEV6

Don't waste your time removing the bed unless you are replacing it. Your frame is bent. Take it to a body shop with a frame rack. Your truck isn't rusty, so they should be able to bend it back no problem. It shouldn't cost more than a couple hours labor ($200 or so dollars). Replace the ubolts on the rear axle, and get it aligned. Sell/scrap the bed and put a flatbed on it. :my2cents:

someone put time into making the bed 'look' better, a rear bumper is easy to switch. It don't take much in an accident to tweak a frame (believe me, I see it often enough with obvious bends, let alone ones not exactly visible to the naked eye). If you plan on wheelin a lot, a well thought out flatbed could be a sweet option after ditching the putty buddy bed

x2 ^

You gotta buckle down and take the bed off man, undo the body mounts it's not that big of a job. Just get a buddy to come help. After the bed is off lay it down on some level concrete. Somwhere flat and level or put some blocks up with a laser level to set a level platform for the corners.

Take measurements of the frame once the box is off. The measurements have already been posted. If the frame is good (which i suspect it is) then carefully inspect and replace the worn out/broken rear end parts. Replace the leafs (not necessarily new) if they are broken/tweaked, and replace the bushings that are old with new ones. It will be some work but really not that much expense if you do it yourself. Good luck!

• Like 1

someone put time into making the bed 'look' better, a rear bumper is easy to switch. It don't take much in an accident to tweak a frame (believe me, I see it often enough with obvious bends, let alone ones not exactly visible to the naked eye). If you plan on wheelin a lot, a well thought out flatbed could be a sweet option after ditching the putty buddy bed

what's the point of a flat bed? can't haul anything in it..can't put anything on it. Is it just an excuse of a "complete vehicle" so I won't get pulled over? To me, a flat bed would be absolutely useless.