Heated Mirrors

William

Hi again,

I am researching the possibility of replacing the side mirrors on our WD21

(MANUAL ones) into HEATED CONVEX ones instead. There is a seller on Ebay that

sells them.

They asked for the diagonal dimensions to confirm availability. Unfortunately,

I am traveling and my Pathy is not with me (won't fit on the plane with my luggage)

so please help :)

FactoryShape.jpg

William

The heated mirrors will swap directly with those manual mirrors. The only problem is there is no connector for the mirror heater in the 92 and under model years. You will have to wire the heated mirrors in manually.

I am ONLY replacing the "Glass" mirror part and keeping the manual plastic frame.

That's why I need the measurements :).

I know I will need to retrofit all the needed wiring.

Any help is appreciated

William

Why not just convert to auto mirrors instead of dealing with all this ebay nonsense?

I agree. It makes sense to migrate to POWER mirrors. However, I like

the size of the MANUAL mirrors which are nearly twice as big as the POWER ones.

The auto mirrors give you better control so even though they are a little smaller you can maneuver them around to see more things. Personally, I never had issues with seeing in those smaller power mirrors. The joystick is also convenient for adjusting the mirrors down for parallel parking. Just my 2 cents. :my2cents:

I don't even know if those manual mirrors have a place to run the heater wire. Are you sure that they haven't revised the design or anything like that over the years? Also, if you want the dimensions, what is stopping you from grabbing a ruler and measuring them?

Edited by Tungsten

^ Oops! Short memory, I did read that earlier. :lol:

Here are the dimensions taken off RockAuto.com in the style you are looking for:

DORMAN Part # 51249 Size: 7-1/8" x 5-3/4"; Diagonal; 8"; Style: Plain, Convex

Right; Manual Convex PlainStyle

Edited by Tungsten

the manual mirrors are nowhere near twice the size of auto mirrors! Pathfinder auto mirrors are ginormous! I can see the entire side of my truck with them, along with most of the lane next to me. I have ZERO blind spots.

the manuals are a little taller than the autos but about the same length... amazing the improvement a pair of little stick on blind spot mirrors can do to :aok: (you can even get 'adjustable' ones, have em on both trucks)

the manuals are a little taller than the autos but about the same length... amazing the improvement a pair of little stick on blind spot mirrors can do to :aok: (you can even get 'adjustable' ones, have em on both trucks)

I LOVE BLIND SPOT MIRRORS!! :) the little stick on ones that are circles. I need a bigger set now seeing as i never use the actual mirror anymore unless parking which i then use only about 40%of the mirror. the other 60%is pointed way out on the road. XD but i prefer it that way