Brake problems...

NissanNismoZ

So..since my problem is getting worse, i figured i should be concerned and ask what it could be..

I've noticed pulling out from stop lights or so, i hear a clinking that gets quieter, yet faster as i speed up.. OK no biggie..i just ignore it..

but if i brake really hard, it tends to make a loud pop sound and jerk to the right.. (the side that makes the sound when rolling)

Anyone have any ideas?

So..since my problem is getting worse, i figured i should be concerned and ask what it could be..

I've noticed pulling out from stop lights or so, i hear a clinking that gets quieter, yet faster as i speed up.. OK no biggie..i just ignore it..

but if i brake really hard, it tends to make a loud pop sound and jerk to the right.. (the side that makes the sound when rolling)

Anyone have any ideas?

If you think its brake related, I say jack it up, remove wheels, check brakes. I had a bad ball joint on my 2WD Hardbody that did the same thing you are describing though.

If you think its brake related, I say jack it up, remove wheels, check brakes. I had a bad ball joint on my 2WD Hardbody that did the same thing you are describing though.

Hmm..when i last checked everything was fine..i dont think its a ball joint because my wheel doesnt move up or down when i jack it up and try to move it.. last i checked everything looked fine. but i suppose ill remove it today and see if its just the caliper.. im thinking the caliper could be loose or something..not sure but im worried its going to be the death of me.. It also pulls to that side while driving.. if that helps any..?

Thanks! :)

Edited by NissanNismoZ

My ball joint didnt seem bad either, I could do the shake test and it seemed fine. The force of the braking though was a lot more than I could put it through, it was pretty toast. If its pulling, you've got major issues so you need to pull a wheel and inspect anyway.

OK so after i washed it and waxed it..devoting a whole day to IT. I lifted it again..and found out:

The wheel makes a noise when kick it..the same noise i hear when i brake or am going down the road at a low speed!

The wheel does NOT move left to right..

The wheel DOES move a tiny amount up and down (may be in and out, not sure) but, when i do that, it makes that sound im talking about..

So what is this?

OK so after i washed it and waxed it..devoting a whole day to IT. I lifted it again..and found out:

The wheel makes a noise when kick it..the same noise i hear when i brake or am going down the road at a low speed!

The wheel does NOT move left to right..

The wheel DOES move a tiny amount up and down (may be in and out, not sure) but, when i do that, it makes that sound im talking about..

So what is this?

Did you remove the wheel?

^^^^ Or lower ball joint. Sometimes the weight of the knuckle/tire/brake/bearings can hide lower balljoint problems. Jack up the truck so that the front wheel is only an inch or two off the ground, then put a long prybar under the tire, and lift up. If there's play, that you didn't notice before, it's most likely the lower ball joint.

Had it checked out, they seemed concerned how there's play left and righ, but they tried the pry at trick, and the wheel didn't move.. They referred to the proble

Neon possibly upper ball joint/bearings and the pitman arm?