Air Bag light in dash board blinking - Came on after SFD lift.

Timmons

Ebay is the only place i found that has them, used too.

Could it just be a fuse, relay or just disconnected? I don't remember hearing any cracking when i turned the steering wheel.

ABS goes on and stops functioning mostly because the increased sizes of the tires. When you go about +10% over factory size, the ABS will typically start malfunctioning. Different vehicles vary, i've seen the 10% number as the general average. Some go earlier, some later.

ABS goes on and stops functioning mostly because the increased sizes of the tires. When you go about +10% over factory size, the ABS will typically start malfunctioning. Different vehicles vary, i've seen the 10% number as the general average. Some go earlier, some later.

Correct. I recall reading some where that it has something to do with the speed sensor. :shiftyeyes:

Found this ...

Anti-lock braking systems (ABS) are common on newer model cars. ABS controls the braking ability of the car under select driving conditions that result in a loss of traction. This system features a controller, valves, and speed sensor that work in conjunction to determine the safe braking ability of your car. ABS speed sensors monitor the rotation of each tire, making sure that each wheel is rotating properly. Any slippage or difference between the wheels triggers the ABS system.

Here .. el'linko

The airbag light is an LED in the instrument cluster. If you remove some sort of component of the airbag system, it'll just make it stay lit or blinking I'd imagine. Probably the only thing you can do is fix the system, or desolder the LED, which is not a good idea (due to inspections, resale problems, etc).

Thats literally what I did, took electrical tape and covered up the flashing light lol

HAHAHAAAHA, that is hilarious.

Checked with Nissan: Part Number B5554-5L325 wire assembly Clock Spring new is $339.33

This was an expensive mistake. Need to post that during the SFD install "DO NOT TURN STEERING WHEEL!!!!"

You can get them on ebay from 80-120 bucks, sure it may be used but it will still work. But im one of those if I get in a crash, I get in a crash end of story people..... im not the biggest fan of airbags. Its my own personal choice and the other airbag works so whatever.

HAHAHAAAHA, that is hilarious.

Checked with Nissan: Part Number B5554-5L325 wire assembly Clock Spring new is $339.33

This was an expensive mistake. Need to post that during the SFD install "DO NOT TURN STEERING WHEEL!!!!"

Part Number B5554-5L325

Clockspring, pathfinder 1998 - 2000

I can do that part at $215.99......

note there are many variations too by model and so forth, need VIN for this sort of part....