Ok Silvapathy - Add me to the SFD list - what rear shocks are you guys using now?

Timmons

Well it's finally done. SFD is now installed.

For you guys that have the 6" SFD installed, I'm going to switch out my Rancho's in the rear, what are you using off road that really works well with this lift? I'm so impressed with the amount of lift i got from this kit. Highly recommended. Fantastic clearance for off-roading.

Awesome man! Glad to hear that you finally got the lift on. As far as rear shocks go im running pro comp es3000's. They have done me great from off roading to daily driving road trips with full loads of people and towing a trailer for work. They are cheap too, only like 70 bucks with tax for a pair of them.

BUT HOW DARE YOU NOT POST PICS! :P

Awesome man! Glad to hear that you finally got the lift on. As far as rear shocks go im running pro comp es3000's. They have done me great from off roading to daily driving road trips with full loads of people and towing a trailer for work. They are cheap too, only like 70 bucks with tax for a pair of them.

BUT HOW DARE YOU NOT POST PICS! :P

I actually took a bunch of pics during the installation for Andrew to use at Krypton Fabrications. Waiting for it to get light out tomorrow before I take a good picture of the vehicle since we just got done tonight. Now I can work on installing the air lockers in a few weeks.

I don't have the SFD kit, but I just installed a set of Bilstein 5150's and I'm pretty happy with them. For the SFD, you will probably want part number 25-101874.

Ext Length": 29.7"

Comp Length: 17.78"

Travel: 11.93"

Valving: 255/70

They run about $100 each.

http://www.eshocks.com/bil_ORsb.asp?Series_Index=Q8&SubChar=Q

I went with the Pro Comp ES9000. I'm sure it's comparable to the ES3000, but I had a super discount offered through 4WP (making each about $28). Any ways, if memory serves, it is part # 929500.

Sorry, was having a deja vu: My link

Edited by Rick13

I actually took a bunch of pics during the installation for Andrew to use at Krypton Fabrications. Waiting for it to get light out tomorrow before I take a good picture of the vehicle since we just got done tonight.

Suns gotta be out by now.......I would love to see pics of those proto type rear WJ adapters that fit 4" springs......and want to know Rick13's opinion on them since he went the 6" route on his rig.

I actually took a bunch of pics during the installation for Andrew to use at Krypton Fabrications. Waiting for it to get light out tomorrow before I take a good picture of the vehicle since we just got done tonight. Now I can work on installing the air lockers in a few weeks.

Still no pics, huh? Wanted to see how the WJ adapters turned out?

Edited by OfftourRoadie96

Still no pics, huh? Wanted to see how the WJ adapters turned out?

We can thank Andrew at Krypton Fabrications for these awesome new purch adapters for the R50 they are making now. This will level out the R50 when using WJ 4" springs in the rear. I purchased them with the bolts but decided to weld the adapters onto the rear purches anyways. Working on new rear swaybar links and front skid plate. Will have pictures for those this weekend.

Krypton Fabrications

KR%20Purch2.jpg

KR%20purch1.jpg

The new steering links from Krypton Fabrications.

Steering%20link.jpg

Edited by Timmons

We can thank Andrew at Krypton Fabrications for these awesome new purch adapters for the R50 they are making now. This will level out the R50 when using WJ 4" springs in the rear. I purchased them with the bolts but decided to weld the adapters onto the rear purches anyways. Working on new rear swaybar links and front skid plate. Will have pictures for those this weekend.

Krypton Fabrications

Thanks for posting those pics......did you ever post pics of the rig after the SFD??? I'm still looking.... How much clearance did you end up netting after the lift? What to see how the "Rake" if any with the 4" springs vs. the 6.5" (like Rick 13 had).

EVERYONE LOVES PICTURES!

Yeah, Andrew makes some quality products. I can see how that new perch adapter will make the spring sit higher and help level the vehicle. Shoot, I still have my 4" WJ springs that are pre-cut to fit the upper perch if anyone is interested (just PM me and I bet we could work something out).

That sure is a nice looking steering linkage. Does the steering linkage allow for some minor length adjustment? Just wondering if you could still rotate the steering rack to better line things up. Just curious.

Yeah, Andrew makes some quality products. I can see how that new perch adapter will make the spring sit higher and help level the vehicle. Shoot, I still have my 4" WJ springs that are pre-cut to fit the upper perch if anyone is interested (just PM me and I bet we could work something out).

That sure is a nice looking steering linkage. Does the steering linkage allow for some minor length adjustment? Just wondering if you could still rotate the steering rack to better line things up. Just curious.

You can make small adjustments on the steering link. We still had to bend the drivers side bracket attached to the steering rack and add some washers to avoid to much bend in the linkage. After that, worked like a charm. I will take some great pictures this weekend. Not ready to add any yet since i'm welding on a 6" bar to expand both sway bar links in the rear and a custom made skid plate in the front. Stay tuned.

Thanks for posting those pics......did you ever post pics of the rig after the SFD??? I'm still looking.... How much clearance did you end up netting after the lift? What to see how the "Rake" if any with the 4" springs vs. the 6.5" (like Rick 13 had).

EVERYONE LOVES PICTURES!

I have a custom skid plate and some custom rear sway bar links to complete this weekend and then I will take some pics. Stay tuned.

No more Rake when using Krypton Fabrications purch adapters. It sits level.