1994 Nissan Pathfinder Wheel Bearing Help

Techniker

All,

I work as a mechanic, but I don't come across Nissans that often. I have a customer coming in with a 1994 (first generation) Nissan pathfinder 4WD that requires wheel bearing repacking.

Does anyone know what spindle nut socket works on a 1994 Nissan pathfinder?

Most other techs resort to the punch-and-hammer method when they come across a lock nut that they don't have a specific socket for, but I would rather it not come to that (good luck torquing with that method, for example).

Thank you in advance,

Techniker

that spindle lock nut isnt torqued on there or anything. i didnt use a special socket to pull mine. i just fit a needle nose pair of pliers into both holes, and then turned it by using a screwdriver through the plier handles. (if that makes sense). its probably screwed on with 5ft/lbs of torque...

that spindle lock nut isnt torqued on there or anything. i didnt use a special socket to pull mine. i just fit a needle nose pair of pliers into both holes, and then turned it by using a screwdriver through the plier handles. (if that makes sense). its probably screwed on with 5ft/lbs of torque...

It needs to be torqued on properly to set the races, then backed off. The factory manuals are pinned on the forums.

right, when you put it back on it should be torqued and backed off, like you said. i did that the best i could using what i had. the lock nut socket will let you attach a torque wrench and be more precise, but i managed without.

i got all the way into it before i realized i was supposed to have a lock nut socket, and i didnt want to re-assemble and order a lock nut socket. maybe i'll get one before i have to pack my bearings next time...